CB750 trade for top tank moped(s)

Kingsley Ned /

I've got a 1971 Cb750 that I'll trade someone for a sweet top tank. Really want a Magnum ltd, or Derbi but will think about anything rad. It's a decent bike but I just don't ride it, have way more fun on my Magnum. I rebuilt the top end with a 2nd over piston kit, carbs cleaned synced and tuned, and put a powerarc electronic ignition on it. Cycle X 2 into 1 exhaust. Pretty much everything besides the lower end is new or rebuilt.

tempImage5XQPiQ.jpg

Re: CB750 trade for top tank moped(s)

I wish you were closer and I had something to trade. Good luck man. That 750 is a beaut!

Nice box, those shocks look like really small to me though

Kingsley Ned /

lol

These cb750s were to be "super bikes" of the late 60s until Kawasaki "one upped" with double overhead cams and 900cc motors in the early 70s. Honda will always have a place in history. They may not be the fastest but they're always about quality and longevity. (edited)

Interestingly enough, Honda and Kawasaki continued to duke it out into the early 80s with inline sixes. Honda had the cbx 1000cc, air cooled and chain drive @ 599 "wet". The Kaw was a kz1300cc, water cooled shaft drive monster which made for a heavy pig at 709 pounds curb weight. I owned the latter and it was fun. Both are collectors items today...

images.jpeg
Kawasaki_Z1300_KZ1300_US.jpg

Kingsley Ned /

Appreciate it guys! It's a cool bike, I just want it to go to someone that'll use it. My dad bought it from his buddy in 74, turned it into a chopper (naturally as one does in the 70's) and then it sat behind his shed for about 15 years before I acquired it. Stripped it down, sandblasted the swingarm and frame, hunted down parts and rebuilt the rest of the bike. I've heard those 6cyl Kawasaki's are bringing some pretty good money these days, what a beast though.

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nice box, those shocks look like really small to me though

I meant bike, I wasn't trying to complement your box. I need to proofread more

happy to send you a pm about it.

Have a colt cosmo 3 morini M1 with a kit that id trade but youre quite far from new england.

i did something like this years ago. I offered to trade an airhead r75/6 for a moped. had some good offers (variants, magnums) but ended up selling for $$. good luck with it.

How about a nice magnum ? I’m in Atlanta :)

Kingsley Ned /

Honestly I'll entertain anything, post photos of what you've got !

Hell of a deal, +1 for being a VW bus/Vanagon guy....cool plaque on the garage! I would think you could sell the CB outright without much trouble?

Kingsley Ned /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Hell of a deal, +1 for being a VW bus/Vanagon guy....cool plaque on the

> garage! I would think you could sell the CB outright without much

> trouble?

Ha good eye ! I actually took both wheels off of this bike once and used my cherry picker to put it in my vanagon for a road trip. I might just try and sell it if I don’t get any interesting offers, but thought it would be fun.

B74346BD-1708-4F8E-9D3D-3450F942288F.jpeg
D968BE59-956C-488A-8E96-8A06E29AF7EE.jpeg

campeona del mundo /

nice syncro. vanagons are so much fun to drive. here's my 1.9l turbo diesel powered 2wd

IMG_3574.jpg

Man I want a vanagon...took a trip in 92 in my dad's 84 westfalia...wish I had it today. Good luck! Should bring good top tank cash!

> Kingsley Ned Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Hell of a deal, +1 for being a VW bus/Vanagon guy....cool plaque on

> the

>

> > garage! I would think you could sell the CB outright without much

>

> > trouble?

>

> Ha good eye ! I actually took both wheels off of this bike once and used

> my cherry picker to put it in my vanagon for a road trip. I might just

> try and sell it if I don’t get any interesting offers, but thought it

> would be fun.

Beautiful Syncro, love the custom cabinets inside! Never sell that thing, the prices for them are going out of this world!

> campeona del mundo Wrote:

> nice syncro. vanagons are so much fun to drive. here's my 1.9l turbo

> diesel powered 2wd

LOVE it!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account