WTB - MLM Sachs G3 Peoples Pipe

Tucker Cullinan /

Just like the title says, I'm on the hunt for the pipe. If you got one laying around or hooked up to a dead ped shoot me a line.

Re: WTB - MLM Sachs G3 Peoples Pipe

Eli Szymanowski /

I've been looking around for one as well, haven't had any luck.. do you know if they are they still being made? Although it goes to the left instead of right, I saw the MLM davinci, do you know if that'd work?

Tucker Cullinan /

MLM are still making them, everything is just behind on production from COVID. Treats said they should have some new ones in 4-5 weeks. Sucks having to wait, but no other option right now. The davinci pipe will work just fine, you'd have to make a bracket, as it mounts on the opposite side. Other than that you're good to go.

Eli Szymanowski /

That's awesome to know they are still going to be making them! Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out on treats for when they are available.. or I'll go with the davinci possibly. I totally understand the production lag w/ Covid, it does suck, hopefully they've gotten through it without too many issues.

I'm just curious, do you know if the MLM guys are also associated with JANUS motorcycles? I had been following JANUS for a couple years now ever since I saw a couple Halcyons riding through my town. I know both JANUS and MLM are out of Goshen IN. and those guys got their start w/ mopeds. I wondered if it was the same group of people or just coincidental..

Eli Szymanowski /

Hey Tucker,

Just letting you know, if you haven't found one already, I see they are in stock at Treats again. I snagged one last night. Figured I'd let ya know.

Tucker Cullinan /

Thanks boss, I actually picked one up right around then as well. Almost done with my full rebuild. Just need to get this rewiring done with the new HPI CDI I through on there.

Out of curiosity do you still have a decomp valve on your engine? I took mine out as it was completely busted and plugged it with a long bolt. Gotta say this thing is a bitch to pedal turning it over. Clearly the decomp would make a difference. Wondering if it's the same for anyone else.

Eli Szymanowski /

Nice! I wish I had time to do some more work on mine.. I recently bought a house and all my time and money is being dedicated to that, while the G3 sits in the garage..

I was having a hell of a time with my decomp valve too. I had read all the posts about ditching it and plugging with a bolt. I didn't go that route, I took it out cleaned it up and bought a new cable. Seems to be working better for me now.

I had heard plugging it works but yeah can be super difficult to turn over w/o it. I remember the posts saying the proper bolt length was crucial. what size/length did you go with?

To answer your question, Devin and Richard design and run both Janus and MLM.

Eli Szymanowski /

That's awesome! Glad I've bought some MLM parts, the whole JANUS team seem like such excellent people. Cheers

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account