81 Cosmo Colt For Sale

Bradley Smrstick /

How much is my 1981 Cosmo Colt worth in its current condition? It was running and driving only 10 yrs ago and was stored since then in my shed (in Florida). I would like to sell it at a fair price for both buyer and seller.

I’m not sure how you will respond so I’ll just watch the comments I guess.

Thanks

B0B4D8F7-0779-47A7-8AE3-DD1DE0A89031.jpeg

Re: 81 Cosmo Colt For Sale

The timing on this is too good. Someone just posted a couple hours ago in General Discussion wondering if what you were asking was a good price.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

A guy (Tyler) already offered your asking price, and then you raised it. What a scum bag.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,4456345

Some quotes from the thread you linked:

"It’s a rare bike specially with a variated engine"

"Tell him you'll give him$375. Can't lose money on that bike"

"Running that bike is worth over double what he's asking"

"Very Very worth it!! Morini M101 dual variated reed valve!! Plus Colts are a nice frame. Nice find!"

Looks like people are salty they cant score off this older person who doesn't know what their bike is worth. Its a $100 difference, this isn't the same as people wanting $2k for their chazzed out Magnum.

Who's the scumbag here? (edited)

Yeah it is called being a bad seller if you asked for an amount, then got offered that amount, but then did more research on how much more you want to raise it again.

Your bike is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it in it's "current" condition in your market. Put it up on ebay or bringatrailer.com if you want to get top dollar for what it could be. But even then those might not bring the kind of money you now seem to expect out of what was just recently a $250 bike.

Bob, you are wrong. You were not a part of the original discussion and no one had been telling anyone to rip off a seller. As a buyer I would hope you attempt to haggle on the price. A seller can counter but cant counter with a now higher price than the previous asking price. Ya get me?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Moped politics aside that bike was a steal at $250, and still a great deal at $375. It's everything you need to build a decent Colt... Which are very rare bikes. The day you want one you cant just jump on eBay or craigslist and get it, you gotta go to moped hoarders and ask around and be willing to pay if someone actually has one. My advice, take it to Facebook market place as people here are just going to bash it now. $500 obo would be a decent selling price.

Adam Rosenow /

My advice is stick with an agreement once terms have been set and met... cool bike, good luck selling it. Next time, don't leave it in the garage for a decade stacked up next to your lawnmower graveyard 😉

I really don't think there's anything wrong with changing your price and dishonoring an agreement if, due to ignorance of the product, you find out what you're selling is worth much more than you're asking.

How many if us have scored something cheap, and have known that you're taking advantage of the seller's ignorance, and laughed (and bragged) about it?

I know I have, many times.

It sucks when you're the expectant buyer, but bottom line, it's still the owner's right to change his price. It's his until money and product change hands.

I've been "burned" multiple times as a buyer, but I've also been lucky to find many things for a literal steal from uneducated sellers.

Remember, "there's no honor amongst thieves."

Bradley Smrstick /

You people have it all wrong.

My original ad said “ how much is my moped worth?” And anyone who puts ads on FB Marketplace should know that it forces you to put a price AND won’t let you add an OBO to the price field.

I turned to a group of “experts” to get your “help” in assigning a true value to something I am willing to sell for a fair price AND you “experts” respond by either trying to under bid it’s value or bad mouthing the seller who asked for help from you “experts” in the first place.

I am sorry I asked:(

Beach Club Nick /

> Bradley Smrstick Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You people have it all wrong.

>

> My original ad said “ how much is my moped worth?” And anyone who puts

> ads on FB Marketplace should know that it forces you to put a price AND

> won’t let you add an OBO to the price field.

>

> I turned to a group of “experts” to get your “help” in assigning a true

> value to something I am willing to sell for a fair price AND you

> “experts” respond by either trying to under bid it’s value or bad

> mouthing the seller who asked for help from you “experts” in the first

> place.

>

> I am sorry I asked:(

The true value of the bike as it sits is $300-500 depending on the market.

Some seriously biased and unrealistic assumptions on both sides here and plenty of blame to go around. Any time we see stated or implied “shoulds” aimed at buyers or sellers, that’s ego talking. Face facts, there are only a few assumptions anyone can make buying or selling AND that everyone agrees to, whether we like it or not. Much of what’s above does not fit this principle. Bottom line is none of us gets to make the rules for others, period. Any attempt at that ‘shoulding’ thing is just going to frustrate you and anyone you deal with. I see both sides in this case, but the actual rule is “take it or leave it”—both buyer or seller. Don’t like the asking price or the counter offer? Leave it. Move on...

I stand by my statement that the bike is worth what someone is willing to pay for it in its "current" state and for their particular market. And again say that the previously agreed upon price, from your potential buyer's post, of $375 was fair too. But for sure it is your right as a seller to hose bidding wars and cancel any potential deal you may have.

chad hastings /

Im interested in this bike if the owner still wishes to sell it. PM me and lets work it out. This is my childhood bike and im trying to locate one to restore. thanks.

Not sure what prices are like in Florida, but a few hundred bucks would be a fair price for a non-runner up here in SE MI. M101s are interesting but not ERMAGHERD RARE or anything. Any bike that's been sitting for a decade is likely going to need some serious work.

Pushrod Fifty /

If I agreed on a selling price I would honor it even if I found out that piece was worth more later. My fault for not researching beforehand.

That is this site. Dont ask crack heads how much an 8 ball is worth!

🎨🏆 Duncan /

I love how mf’ers come if thinking they’re the authority on value and say “worth x dollars” like an arbiter of truth.

Well, you know what they say about opinions and assholes.

🎨🏆 Duncan /

> dabid canroll wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That is this site. Dont ask crack heads how much an 8 ball is worth!

Ding ding ding. Addicts all act the same

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account