3d Printed Vespa Bravo Toolbox

One of my buddies needed a toolbox for a vespa bravo he picked up. I had one on mine so I designed it up in fusion 360 and printed one. It fit on the second try!

For $25 I'll print one and ship it to you. I have black, bright pink, red, and gold filament. If you want a special color send me a roll and I'll send you one in that color. It probably won't say slopeds on the inside, but it might because I love my club.

I print in pla because I don't have a good enclosure for abs (yet!). That means this print will probably explode and light your crotch on fire while you're riding it and everyone within a ten mile radius will die. Or nothing will happen because it's not in direct sunlight for multiple hours repeatedly. You have to roll the dice.

Screenshot_20210301-202410_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210301-202422_Photos.jpg

Re: 3d Printed Vespa Bravo Toolbox

Yeah I dunno about selling PLA prints as functional products. I would do PETG

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I dunno about selling PLA prints as functional products. I would do

> PETG

Hence the disclaimer of exploding crotches.

I've used pla on all my prints on multiple bikes in long and short rides with zero issues. Headlight temp holders, switches, toolboxes, gopro mounts, etc.

But we can argue back and forth and both think the other is an idiot. I'll end up crying, my wife will be mad at you, and nothing will change. I'll still use my pla as a functional print and life will be alright.

Edit: once thingiverse stops being dumb, thr stl will be posted there and I'll add it to the wiki so you can print this yourself and not worry about exploding crotches and fiery deaths for everyone around you. (edited)

Dylan Wallis /

I store my bikes inside, so I think this would be fine for me? Most pla has a glass transition temperature around 140 degrees Fahrenheit, who's riding in arizona?

I love the technical terms Dylan. 😁

@Paul I'm in.

Here's the thingiverse link.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4780705

Enjoy!

Cool, nice work and thanks for sharing, 25 is a deal by the time I print it 4 times and it ducks up.

Seriously though you should check out petg for functional parts, I run it on my crappy Ender 3 all day long. Easy to work with and much sturdier.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> Cool, nice work and thanks for sharing, 25 is a deal by the time I print

> it 4 times and it ducks up.

>

> Seriously though you should check out petg for functional parts, I run

> it on my crappy Ender 3 all day long. Easy to work with and much

> sturdier.

Yeah PETG on the Ender 3 is such a good cheap setup, I use it for all my functional prints. Puch switch bases, taillight brackets, Hobbit headlight rings, everything

I've used petg and prefer pla. Again, I've had zero issues with pla and run it frequently. Print it in petg or abs or nylon or carbon fiber, makes no difference to me. That's why I posted it for everyone else.

A friend requested a tail light in place of his toolbox on his bravo.

Abracadabra.

The rear lens is printed in a "See through red" that easily allows line to shine through. The final picture is a flashlight shining through it, I'd recommend running a voltage rectifier and an LED bulb to get maximum brightness.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803595

taillight 1.jpg
taillight 2.jpg
taillight 3.jpg

> Paul Johnson Wrote:

> A friend requested a tail light in place of his toolbox on his bravo.

>

> Abracadabra.

>

> The rear lens is printed in a "See through red" that easily allows line

> to shine through. The final picture is a flashlight shining through it,

> I'd recommend running a voltage rectifier and an LED bulb to get maximum

> brightness.

>

> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803595

Nice, I definitely would not recommend anyone to use a halogen bulb with this because it will almost definitely melt it; LED or nothing

Nothing to add, just wanted to show off my PETG MB5 taillight.

IMG_20210311_194234456.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account