Rent or Buy Puch ZA50 Tools

So I am on the list of the current post to purchase a set of these tools if someone comes thru and produces them. That said I will have a new crank and bearings from treats for my ZA in the next few days. Is there someone out there that will rent me a set so I can get my motor assembled correctly for now? I can provide Fed Ex prepaid label to box and drop off for easy shipping with insured and tracked documentation. And will pay a fair fee for the use and same insured and tracked docs back via Fed Ex. Or obviously if someone has a set and would sell them message me. I know this is a stretch and would be glad to pay the fee and a “deposit” up front until the tools are returned. Let me know.

AE74B34D-CC28-40AA-A50D-AC8D64A21620.jpeg

Re: Rent or Buy Puch ZA50 Tools

I know this is a stretch but hoping someone in the MA community will come through. My treats order will probably arrive today or tomorrow with a new crank and bearings. I've read several posts of guys setting the clearance both with and without the tools and obviously the easiest way is with. Any way, if you have a set and are interested in selling them please message me. If you have a set and want to work out a way to "rent" them for 1 time use also message me.

Thanks.

Steven Whitright /

Unsolicited advice from a dude who doesn’t have the tools: You might wanna post what you’re willing to pay to rent them... it’s hard to price this kind of thing and there might be someone who’d be willing to make the effort and take on the risk for $X, but are uncomfortable throwing out a number and looking greedy or conversely foolish for leaving money on the table, so they just don’t say so... cut to the chase

I would ask for a $500 deposit and take off $100 each week after you got them that you didn’t return them. If you don’t return them in a month I am buying a plane ticket with your $500 and coming to whoop some ass.

RZ Namllow /

I'd help you out Kenny, but currently have a za apart and using mine

Overpriced Parts /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would ask for a $500 deposit and take off $100 each week after you got

> them that you didn’t return them. If you don’t return them in a month I

> am buying a plane ticket with your $500 and coming to whoop some ass.

Yeah it took me two years and a few trips 2 1/4 hour drive one way to get back my Factory puch and other Japanese Enduro bike tools and I already bought half of what I was missing, so many people though with good intentions renege on everything Because they’re stonersM druggies , assholes!

I’ve never on a handshake or a deal being made ever and on Moped army ever reneged,

People like driving, if they drive to me I’ll take care of them but online anything nowadays I don’t wanna deal with it, because after make a deal then halfway to someone’s house for whatever they say someone said by text or email to charge double!

I got a lot of Mostly puch, but Italian and Tomos stuff but I stop selling on buy+sell because people take my stuff and throw it on eBay for 2 to 3 times what I sold it to them for which I hate Ebay

RZ Namllow /

Its definitely a problem renting expensive tools to people you've never met and have no idea what level of character they are.

If I know the person and can trust his integrity then thats a different story

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I would never lend any of my factory tools out, especially the irreplaceable ones. If people want to come to my house and use them while i’m here, that’s a different story.

Buy a digital height gauge and some 123 blocks. I own these tools and they're totally unnecessary.

Things like the bushing reamer for the small end, and the E50 bearing puller are what is truly nice to have. This is just a fancy obsolete height gauge.

I rest my case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WQJXB22/

[/url] (edited)

Still planning on making sets, just won’t happen over night.

I do appreciate all the suggestions and conversations about the tools.

Daniel, if you're serious about the rental PM me and we can work out the details.

Ryan, I have the 123 blocks and depth gauge and will use this method along with the factory tools if I can. I'm old school and enjoy using the original tools whenever possible.

Dylan, I hope to purchase the tools when available.

> Deadped Ryan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I rest my case.

>

>

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WQJXB22/

This would be really handy but at .002-.006” you’ve only got a .002” +\- tolerance on end float.

4EFC1DFA-FFDB-40D4-B726-D4FBD72B4D9E.jpeg

Ok, here’s one for $60 that’s good to .0005” resolution. I spent like 2 mins looking. You’re right on the $20 one - doesn’t have the resolution. I hastily posted the gauge I liked best visually without reading its specs.

The end float range on the crank is .004” and the range on the transmission is .008”. $60 height gauge is overkill and will do both.

iGaging Digital Electronic Height Gauge with Magnetic Base, 6 Inch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026MTCG8/

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account