WTB: Puch ZA50 2nd gear locking tool

Nick Brethouwer /

I want to buy this tool if someone has it just laying around and would part with it. Let me know! Thanks in advance!

Re: WTB: Puch ZA50 2nd gear locking tool

Nick Brethouwer /

Bump

RZ Namllow /

https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-ZA50-2nd-gear-locking-tool-p/mlm-puch-za50-tool-502.htm

It's out of stock now but it should be in soon. Keep checking. (edited)

Nick Brethouwer /

I'll keep checking on treats. Im just curious if anyone has one they may part with, that I can buy.

Nick Brethouwer /

It looks like motion left mopeds closed permanently. I'm not sure if treats will have more in or not. I'm even open to a machined clone if anyone is making any. If you know of anyone, let me know! I appreciate your input man!

Rob Abbott /

I have always managed to do my rebuilds without the need to use this tool (though I own one). I've simply put a small socket (8mm?) in the teeth of the drive sprocket against the case underneath to lock it from turning.

RZ Namllow /

Treatland says mlm is open.

Overpriced Parts /

> Rob Abbott Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have always managed to do my rebuilds without the need to use this

> tool (though I own one). I've simply put a small socket (8mm?) in the

> teeth of the drive sprocket against the case underneath to lock it from

> turning.

The socket method stresses output shaft bearings and main shaft bearings specially when the reverse nut is very tight like most time is it is,

I’ve seen countershaft sprocket output shaft get a lot of play in it too because that is pressed in with bearings after someone did the socket method so don’t do it that way less you want to get make everything sloppy or worse

Nick Brethouwer /

I hope that is the case! I looked up online for motion left mopeds and it says they are located in indiana. But that it's permanently closed. It looked like that the owner of mlm maybe merged with janus motorcycle.

Nick Brethouwer /

I appreciate the advise man! The main reason I'm looking for this tool is bc I've bought a Puch A.D. and some parts have been hard to find. I came across this tool, the idea that it helps from putting tension on other parts, I figured it would be worth looking around for. I appreciate ya posting man!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account