1985 Honda Gyro in Florida

Dugger Wolfgang /

Hello all,

Found this little gem abandoned and neglected in a shed. I like weird bikes so I tore it all down and gave her new life.

She’s by no means perfect but she came out pretty decent.

it sat for awhile so I tore the head off to check the engine before I tried to start it and saw it had a stuck ring from sitting. So I cleaned the cylinder and put in a new piston & rings. The frame also had some pitting on it so I tore it down and sanded the frame and painted it. Gave it some more love as well as a new battery and new tires.

I have the original taillight but it needs a lens. And its missing the carb/engine cover.

She fires up and runs down the road all happy and proud now. Lol

If you have any interest in it and are anywhere near Cocoa Beach Florida lmk.

I’d like to get $950 out of it.

1ECC5896-DDEC-4963-ABE7-A9B55C82F960.jpeg
70BB7E4D-F4E5-4138-B0C8-4A2649573618.jpeg
20800D8D-03D5-4918-A392-453325D00180.jpeg

Re: 1985 Honda Gyro in Florida

That’s really impressive for the scarcity of parts. I would take you up on it if I weren’t in Pennsyltucky. Bet it’s a hoot.

Would buy that in a hot second if you were in MN! GLWS, this is the "cool" looking Gyro of the two models sold here.

Dugger Wolfgang /

Thanks Rubble. I’m actually from Pa. (no one in Florida is from Florida. Lol)

I don’t get up that way very often anymore or I’d offer to bring it up with me.

Dugger Wolfgang /

Thanks Stephen! Appreciate the props. I had a blue 84 gyro up in Pa. Didn’t like it as much as the 85. It’s way small and too much like a spree. This one is a bit more “stretched” and I actually can fit on this one

YW, god I want that...I wonder what it would cost to have shipped here.... What kind of tires did you fit on the rear? Stock replacements are impossible to find...

Dugger Wolfgang /

Original tires are non-existant. I actually did some research on this site to find a replacement.

5.30x4.50-6 is a utility tire for garden carts or something. But they’re a perfect replacement They have a street tread pattern, and fit under the fenders great. I think I paid $40 for a pair on eBay. They’re not speed rated but the bike only does about 30 so speed rating isn’t really a concern.

I’ve been riding it around and havnt noticed any issues.

Im trying to figure out the mechanic of the swing arm. Can you explain how the swing arm tilts while you turn, is there a knuckle on the pivot?

I do not see any rear shock? Is the shock a hidden mono and tilts?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account