1965 DKW Hummel Type 113

BILL WOODSIDE /

Hi there. I have a 1965 DKW Hummel Type 113. It was my fathers , but i never saw it run. I got it running this summer and found some spare parts in Europe for it. Running condition, 99% complete minus the engine bay cover. Looking for resources and opinions on value. They must be fairly rare since it's hard to find any out there for sale. Sorry it's tucked away in the garage at the moment, don't have many photos.

Any thoughts?

IMG_9451.PNG

Re: 1965 DKW Hummel Type 113

awesome looking bike

fill that rear tire up

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It sure is pretty.

My thoughts is that bike helmet doesnt even save people on bikes in an accident. Grab yourself a DOT helmet to ride that beauty. Grab some new tires too. Those old ones will blow out when you are not wanting them to.

Never heard of DKW so I googled it and apparently this company is one of the four companies that originally formed Audi, and is represented as one of the four rings in the Audi logo....I thought that was interesting. Nice bike by the way!

I'd pay $1000, but I couldn't see it for over 2k. Post it on bring a trailer if you are looking for more, I wouldn't call it rare other than it being on this side of the atlantic ocean.

It's not the crazy beautiful jet-age hummel that sells for buco bucks

BILL WOODSIDE /

haha i knew somebody would bring that tire up. the picture you see if the first time I have ever ridden it, a few minutes after the first time i ever saw it run, which i was working towards last summer. Didn't have a DOT helmet so the bicylcle helmet would have to do for the trip around the block.

i think this one looks better than the 115-155 which is the retrofuturist one. my unpopular opinion

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Rare here, still uncommon in Europe. Sachs motor so parts are easy. The side cover might be next to impossible to find which definitely affects the value.

I like it. Maybe when I get my tax return ;)

Hi there.. did you find any parts sources? I just picked up a 65 113 that's missing some bits. Also need parts for a 65 155.. cheers scott

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account