FS: Malagutti Robin (St. Louis, MO)

image.jpeg

It's not pretty, but the frame seems salvagable, clearly in need of paint. Motor turns over. I haven't meased with it all, I just snagged it off FB market place since they are fairly uncommon.

I will snap some better pictures soon. I glanced on the tank and things didn't look terrible, but I will give it a better look if anyone is interested. Pedals and center stand are missing, wheels are crusty. It would make a good parts bike or custom build if someone is interested.

$200, don't want to part it out. (edited)

image.jpeg

Re: FS: Malagutti Robin (St. Louis, MO)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Rare a white motoguzzi Robin looks like the very first moped I ever seen I was 10

OBO I just want to see it go to someone that can use the parts or wants to tackle doing something with this.

Willing to trade for a tomos trick metric clutch, tomos a35 70cc top end, tomos phbg intake, Minarelli P4 bits, maybe some v1 or vespa stuff. I can toss money in to even out any transaction.

Ugh I have such a soft spot for robins; I wish you we're closer!

Someone pick this up. Robins make great stock mopeds and that price is more than right.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /
MotoGuzziChiu1.jpg

Mine was badged Chiu (euro version) . I never figured out what Chiu meant. I thought it was italian for Robin but...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If ya weren't so far...

Tim Forrester /

Brand new here and know next to nothing, Im up in the Chicagoland area so its in my range of which Im willing to drive. Does this seem like a good first moped? I was reading a little bit on the wiki and it said to not buy a rare moped / a not running one. So when you said it turns over that means at least the engine isn't seized up right? Is this moped going be hard to find parts for? THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Tim Forrester /

Any guesses on how much work this might need?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Clutches are the same as an e50s Bennelli g2 engine compatibility.

I will get some better pictures when the weather is a bit nice.

I doubt it would make a great first bike due to the overall condition, but that depends on your disposition.

I imagine you could have it running pretty quickly. It may be hard to rack down pedal crank and that sort of missing stuff. Lots of crusty bits, so you either have to be okay with that or really tear it down and do a lot of work to have something really clean looking.

As far as a cool platform, it seems like it it would be a fun motor to play with. Kits are rare, but you can probably track one down, good clutch, well built.

Tim Forrester /

I can deal with the crusty bits / fix rust spots, and a pedal crank doesn't seem to hard to find. Do you have the title for it? and Id love to see more pics of it

Missouri doesn't issue titles on 49cc bikes, I could do a bill of sale.

Tim Forrester /

Ok great! I looked into it a bit and seems like a bill a sale will will work for me.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sorry, the sun was sort of blinding and I didn't realize my gloves were in the picture. These are still a bit more clear than the first ones.

Tim Forrester /

Im not really sure what other questions to really ask, any advice?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Yes, upgrade the exhaust from that pancake muffler to an expansion chamber. It will wake it up considerably

Still available

So it’s a Moto Guzzi and not a Malaguti—that’s pretty important.

Damn, my bad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account