Re: WTB ZA50 Tools

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Alex Samul Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you have a cordless impact, socket driver bit, appropriate sockets -

> you don't need any fancy tools. - if you have that, ask questions and

> I'll give you advice.

No holding tools is not good advice

For without the holding tools if the reverse nut is on too tight and you use the DIY “socket to hold the countershaft sprocket method” without using the proper holding tools you're Stressing counter shaft bearings and main shaft bearings,

I use impact in disassembly but I use the correct holding tools so it doesn’t jar the whole drivetrain

The Main gear holding tool isolates all that and doesn’t put load on the countershaft and other bearings that are pressed in place

The clutch holding tool isolates forces on the crank and keeps you from flat spotting bearings and twisting your crank which is only pressed together too.

Treats or other person places maybe could have a simple Za50 factory tool kit available for rent so people could at least take apart tranny without damage and torque without damage or over tightening overtwisting everything

I’ve worked on many of these engines that these people messed with these incorrect hammer, broken beer bottle, coat hanger, piece of string DIY methods I’m sick of it,

Most of the problems could’ve been avoided if even they had holding tools

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account