Red + Yellow JCPenney Pintos (Oakland, CA)

Steven Whitright /

A red (800) and a yellow (750) Pinto available. I'm in Oakland, CA... you can pickup here, or I can pass 'em off to your uship driver, or I can box+ship (it's been a while but last time I did it I remember doing a partial disassembly with 1 bike box + 1 large box, and it being around $150-200). I also have a decent sized car and could drop em within an hour or so for gas money (after payment has been made).

Nothing major, but for your records --> I’ve done the following (that I can remember): Shipped em rough to the Bay Area. Cleaned and rebuilt carbs (installed new float in the red, 2.22 atomizers, metering needles, metering needle clips, throttle spring in the yellow, top gasket, float bowl gasket, nos #24 carb slides, jets, etc). Installed new OMG gold petcocks, clear karcoma filters, and motion pro clear fuel lines. Put on new Dos circuit exhausts and crush gaskets. Installed new metal mesh air filters. Repacked loose bearings on front and rear wheels and cleaned brake parts. Installed new brake shoes for rear wheel on the red, deglazed others. Installed new tubes and new sava mc11 tires (17x2.25) on the red (yellow kept old but decent tires with no cracks). Installed new 415 and pedal chains. Installed and gapped new spark plugs. Added cute little original Bluemels tire pump under sidecover on the red. Replaced bars with stock bars on the red. Installed new brake light switch on the red. Inspected lubed and cleaned cables. Drained and replaced tranny fluid. Torqued all bolts to spec. Cleaned all paint/chrome/plastic surfaces, evaporust-ed rust and used rustoleum on red’ seatpan and inner rims Etc. Original exhausts, air filters, side cover bolts and side covers included.

Both now in good shape. Yellow slightly less $ due to some old pitting on the tank, minor seat tears, and not needing/getting new tires or tubes. (edited)

Re: Red + Yellow JCPenney Pintos (Oakland, CA)

Steven Whitright /

that image compression is gnar; give me one sec to upload the pix somewhere (edited)

Steven Whitright /

woof - still super low res.. dah well....

right click each image and select 'Open Link in New Tab' for better images

Are the pictures really that compressed? Look pretty high res to me

Steven Whitright /

maybe shits cached on my end. to me the MA versions have crazy amounts of JPEG artifacts especially in the red channel (like an image saved at 1-5% quality) vs the direct image where there is none/the word 'Pinto' for example is tack sharp

How much $$$?

> Taylor King Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How much $$$?

It's in the first 5 words of the ad, $800 and $750.

Good deal, glws

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Taylor King Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > How much $$$?

>

> It's in the first 5 words of the ad, $800 and $750.

>

> Good deal, glws

Damn. I saw that and didn't realize that it was the price...

Steven Whitright /

thanks! yeah i could see glossing over that though without dollars signs... Yeah - $800 and $750... I'm in the Bay Area (v different market vs Oklahoma)

minor things i forgot for the 'what's been done' blurb = topends were cleaned/decarbonized. timing set (fyi if you go further with performance upgrades you'll need to dremel the stator mounts).

Bump for the cool guy. Super nice bikes. Need me another pinto for sure. Just cant do it right now.

My sister lives in Monterey. Im trying to talk her into getting one! I'll be visiting next month.

Steven Whitright /

Cool let me know.... i have a few people supposedly swingin by within a few days (the rains been rough) - but i've mostly been politely dissuading fb/cl randos who are asking what mopeds are/which local mechanics i'd recommend/etc, flippers etc

i'd love for them to sell together, or at least sell as complete runners... but if people aren't actually buying rn (which Willie's freespirit not selling instantly/instead sitting unsold for hella weeks made me suspect) in a bit... maybe a few weeks?.. i'm open to breaking these down and selling parts for average prices + actual shipping

great prices for CA pricing. should sell at those pricing being how clean those are!

Steven Whitright /

these sold today

thanks yall

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account