Honda Motocompo 1981

Offered for sale a yellow Honda Motocompo NCZ50.

Specifications:

Engine: 50cc 2-stroke 2.5 hp

Weight: 48 kg / 106 lbs

Speed: 34kmh / 21 mph limited (original speed when limiter removed)

Year of production: 1981

This Motocompo was recently offered to the Dutch RDW (vehicle registration) and approved to drive around the Netherlands as a 25 km / h moped.

The Motocompo drove a limited 34 km / h on the RDW test bench and is therefore approved, this limiter is relatively easy to remove.

This Motocompo was recently shipped from Japan to the Netherlands last April and has since undergone maintenance in which filters, hoses, flashing light relay, battery and light bulbs have been replaced, the tank and carburettor have also been cleaned.

A voltage regulator (originally not fitted) has also been added to the wiring harness, so that defective light bulbs and battery no longer occur due to overvoltage.

The original wiring harness was not cut, so everything can be rebuilt as original.

Willing to ship worldwide in a crate, shipping costs upon request.

Located in the Netherlands, postal code 3261.

Asking price without shipping: €3750,-

More pictures in this link.

Just to be clear, the white Motocompo is NOT for sale! :) (edited)

Re: Honda Motocompo 1981

Cool bike but I don't think someone one here will buy it for 4000+ USD not including shipping and fees

Thanks, I don't think so either but I just wanted to give everyone the opportunity, and maybe there is someone from around here who sees this ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

the $4k + freight is actually a very reasonable price for a running, complete compo

Winter is over, took the bike from the attic and started it, cranks in a few kicks. Still for sale, price is negotiable, although I don't have to get rid of it immediately.

Steven Bolduc /

The price is reasonable if it was shipped for that.

Sorry, for that price, the bike will not be shipped (overseas at least).

I am willing to lower the price some, but shipping will be about €750 to the US, and I am not willing to take that on me.

Tweaker trash /

> Jeroen H Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry, for that price, the bike will not be shipped (overseas at least).

>

> I am willing to lower the price some, but shipping will be about €750 to

> the US, and I am not willing to take that on me.

>

>

>

>

You say the bike will not be shipped but then I say it will be shipped. I’m more confused about the price

Jesse Nordlander /

saw one sell at a local auction for over $3200 non running, good cosmetics

Tweaker trash /

> Jesse Nordlander Wrote:

> saw one sell at a local auction for over $3200 non running, good

> cosmetics

Auction prices don’t count!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I saw one that sold on Mecum auctions last year for over $3k, but it was mint.

punkrock randy /

Mecum always has the coolest shite. Not to mention a perfectly accurate name. Motocompos so crazy looking. Looked like a computer you could ride in real life.

The '80's were cool... I can't follow the ad either, shipped or not price all over the board....it's a cool bike, but too tiny for me.

I am confused about this reply:

I say the bike will not be shipped but you say it will be shipped..?

What is not clear about the ad?

3-4k is market depending on condition.

The one for sale locally for 7k just cus its white had me laughing and shaking my head.

Ill just wait til the economy corrects and people need money again.

Tweaker trash /

> Jeroen H Wrote:

> I am confused about this reply:

>

> I say the bike will not be shipped but you say it will be shipped..?

>

> What is not clear about the ad?

Ur reading wrong! U gotta read it in broken English

Dirty30 Dillon /

Motocompos are baseline $3-4k at this point. Whether you're importing from EU or Japan.

The only reason mint examples are so plentiful, is a) because Japanese culture highly values maintenance, and b) they're small enough where people could store them in basements/crawl spaces out of the weather.

I have worked on and ridden a Motocompo and they really are VERY cool. Engineering and aesthetic blended better than almost any other moped. That said, I will never own one, hence why I have an Italjet Pack2, all the mini fold-up moped, none of the collector value.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account