Buyer Beware

Shyster made me an offer on a bike(good offer) then had me making a 5.5hr trip plan only to ask for more money. He was not delivering. Watch for this dude.

4364398B-7CE8-42F3-9003-E32766F29BE2.png
6B0984D9-B2C5-423F-85A5-52C86EE08407.png

Re: Buyer Beware

Tweaker trash /

I’m confused

He said “if I get a better offer I’ll let know“

Then you reply with “what kind of better offer.”

Seems like there is a misunderstanding all the way around

He was trying to be nice (edited)

I’m the one who said “what kind of better offer” is

He contacted me to offer a non running bike for sale, he said he wanted $200. I said, I’m in.

We set up a pick up time, then, “if I get a better offer”.

There never was an offer. He named a price, I accepted.

The bike listed here is not the one he offered to sell me, but that’s neither here nor there or an issue whatsoever. The issue is when you make a deal and set a plan, you don’t say “maybe I didn’t ask enough, let me see if I can get more”. Ya name your price(deal) and if the buyer accepts, that is the deal. . (edited)

Adam Rosenow /

I'm confused, you are buyer or seller in this? Looks like the seller asked for $200 for the ped, yeah?

Tweaker trash /

Haha that’s the selling game! Sometimes sellers and buyer play games for different reason. The idea is too always make the buyer And seller both happy but that’s not easy especially with used items.

Play by year & be happy. The price was kind low ( at the moment) and 5 hrs is way to far

I kinda enjoy the game until u meet that one guy that is so dead set on it

Tweaker trash /

> Adam Rosenow Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm confused, you are buyer or seller in this? Looks like the seller

> asked for $200 for the ped, yeah?

Yea (edited)

Tweaker trash /

U were trying to be nice and he misunderstand ur kindness and thought he was be taken for a ride.

Maybe a message could fix all that! $200 is very fair especially if your both happy (edited)

Yeah I’d never take a chance with someone who goes back on their word like that. It’s he contacted me, I didn’t contact him, I ask for a price he gave me a price $200(not running rusted tank) and I accepted.

We set a time for me to drive to him(Monday morning)I’m not taking a day off work(losing pay and possibly getting there for him to rewrite the deal) so someone can see if they can do better. How about right off the bat if you want $300 you ask it, I’d have said no due to the drive but I bet I’d have gone $250.

It’s no different than ordering a part from Yamaha they have one of that coat $18.75 then getting a call right back saying “ehhh we’ll let ya know if we can’t get $40”

Dirty30 Dillon /

I don't fuck with people like that.

If you want a bidding scenario, take it to eBay.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Exactly!

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> I don't fuck with people like that.

>

> If you want a bidding scenario, take it to eBay.

Adam Rosenow /

people are shady... he sounds like a person...

At any rate, I'm super glad to hear that this transaction failed prior to any miles traveled. It would be a real shame to see someone go through that kind of mileage only to get "jacked around" upon arrival...

Tweaker trash /

🤦 the seller offer the buyer a price then told the buyer I’ll let you know if a get a better offer!?

The buyer feels like he’s is being taken advantage of. If someone would text the buyer it would really remove a lot of the confusion or if he sees this post.

It was a communication failure nothing more

Dirty30 Dillon /

P#1: hey, will you go out with me Friday?

P#2: Sure.

P#1: Cool, let's do Friday at 8.

P#2: Sure, unless something better comes up.

P#1: .......

Nah, it's not a communication error. No one should have to drive 5.5 hours to find out if the seller's committed

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> P#1: hey, will you go out with me Friday?

>

> P#2: Sure.

>

> P#1: Cool, let's do Friday at 8.

>

> P#2: Sure, unless something better comes up.

>

> P#1: .......

>

> Nah, it's not a communication error. No one should have to drive 5.5

> hours to find out if the seller's committed

My point exactly. Make a deal, stick to your word. And further more of that deal happens to be YOUR asking price, wtf kind of backwards dealing nonsense is that. I refuse, no deal, any communication past that is a waste of time. (edited)

Tweaker trash /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> P#1: hey, will you go out with me Friday?

>

> P#2: Sure.

>

> P#1: Cool, let's do Friday at 8.

>

> P#2: Sure, unless something better comes up.

>

> P#1: .......

>

> Nah, it's not a communication error. No one should have to drive 5.5

> hours to find out if the seller's committed

P#1 you wanna Buy this chicken for $10000 on Friday?

P#2 sure dude!

P#1 okay cool, unless I received a better offer It’s all urs!

P#2 better offer?,Naw dude I’m out find another buyer!

P#1 You wanna hang out on Friday?

P#2 sure dude that would be mad fun!

P# okay unless someone offers me something (?better or worse?) we are good for Friday!

P#2 find a different person to Hang out with (edited)

giphy-59.gif

Jack Rutherford /

I avoid making offers based only on pictures unless it’s $150 or less. You could get there and it’s worse than in the pics.

every time i have to travel for a moped i get the shaft.

i try to limit it to 2 hours one way drive

that way i don*t get too hurt

Tweaker trash /

Best sellers tip

If you make the buyer feel like he’s getting a really good deal, he won’t ever call you back if anything brakes because he feels like he stole it. Lol

I avoid making offers period, never know when your going to overshoot what they might take. I want to know what someone wants, if I can give it to them and it’s worth it, I’m in.

If it’s to high, I can always leave the. With a. Offer but yeah, sight unseen if it’s got a motor and carb your prob not going to get hurt to bad at $150 id figure.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

Bike is for sale until it's gone. I've turned people away because I thought I had an agreement with someone else only to have them flake. Changing the price on someone is entirely different and pretty shitty.

There are too many flakes on cl/OfferUp to hold stuff for people. The first person to show up with cash can take it but I always tell potential buyers if and when I'm expecting other people to show up.

Pushrod Fifty /

Can tell by his messages that he's trash. The ped is probably trashed also.

Tweaker trash /

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> Can tell by his messages that he's trash. The ped is probably trashed

> also.

That’s why he’s ask $200

Sounds like that guy needs someone to advertise a "free canoe, call for details" for him. That and he'd probably needs a subscription to Redbook too.

I once drove 230 miles to see a Honda C70, and test rode it. He had been letting the young teens ride it around unbeknownst to me.

Second gear had a terrible noise of clash. All that way for nothing. Nice scenery though up east of Cleveland, I believe.

Dave Thacker /

I don't blame you. If you say I'll take it for x and mean to follow through, they make an appointment. They should be honest enough to have it when you get there. If some guy offers them more while you are en-route then that is too bad. You accept an offer, you follow through, you make an offer then you follow through. Otherwise you are very dishonest. If a guy doesn't have the integrity to have the item I negotiate for, he's a jack ass and any statement like that, I'm not leaving either. I had a guy 40 miles away with hydraulic press I wanted for 300. Made appointment to pick up then he said ok but no holds. I told him he could keep it if he wasn't honest enough to have it when I get there to pick it up. Like 40 minutes, that was it. No, do not bother with them. These are not honest people. Let somebody else find out what else they are being dishonest about. Not me.

Unless it's far away never make a deal over text/email. I would have simply said, "I'm interested in buying your moped when can we meet?" Then while there and checking out the bike you make your offer. More times than not people will know you are real and have cash and will accept. This has worked many times for me.

Carl Johnson /

I know this is old person crazy talk but maybe call the person when you're looking at that much time investment? So much more can be determined from an actual conversation.

Dave Thacker /

Ken, I am almost always responding because I see a very good deal. I maybe go and look 1 in 20 times at the very most. A contact from me sounds like this. "I want your X. When can I pick it up?" Hem haw'rs, negotiators, these are mistakes. Mistakes of greed. In today's world, people tend to sell to those who are brave enough to take it. Every single time I hem and haw or want to come look, it seems like I'm the loser that didn't get to take the item home. Doing that leaves the door open to somebody like me. I'm ready to come get it when I contact somebody. Once in a very great while I might get a little sting but 39 times out of 40, the seller is putting money in my pocket in the sense they are giving me a $800 item for $300. There is enough of a gap in price and value that if I need to spend a little to bring it up to snuff, it's still a gift. A gift horse. My little Pony. I don't need to break somebody's arm behind their back for another $50 off. I'm not picking on you. I'm warning people why they lose out. They have no courage. People over discount the value of risk and make themselves the victim. I bag the item. I always follow through.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account