Re: Honda s90 anyone?

Chester Copperpot /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ross, I disagree. Like I said above, parts are hard to find. Plentiful, yes, but correct? No.

Headlight buckets, if not original, are aftermarket and crap.

An air box by itself, if you can find the correct one, are over a hundred dollars: and that does not include the air box covers...

Original badges that fit are non existent.

Rear racks do not exist.

Any gas tank is 350$... well, one that works.

A battery door, if you can find it, is over a hundred dollars.

Any s90 that has been “restored” is full of junk, aftermarket parts that as soon as you hit a pothole, the headlight falls out...

Personally, I’d rather have an original, patina bike with the correct length cables, perches that are japan metal instead of aftermarket pot metal that breaks as soon as you drop it, and all the important things replaced (fork seals, rubber, petcock gaskets etc.) that make it reliable.

I have gone over each bike, conditioned each gas tank, re-wired the harnesses, made everything work properly with original parts. They are all complete.

I have an ALL ORIGINAL first year 1964 with 5000 original miles. That bike is completely different than any other s90 out there.

The tank mounts differently.

The swing arm is different.

The chain guard is metal and mounts on the inside. Every other year after that mounts on the outside and is plastic.

It even has nos original tires with no cracks.

That 1964 is basically non existent any more.

There is a 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1968.

The 1968 has a title.

Each sold separately.

26C522E0-9D70-49ED-BCB5-A8A03BABF6F5.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account