A better deal then the maxi?

Found this today over the non running 1977 maxi that got lowered to 650. Now it’s a non running 78 cimatti for 650. Both way to much, haven’t checked out either one yet just getting some opinions on what I should waste my time with

3D0D01F5-E147-4B11-8C0A-CD30703BD74E.png
CB072DF0-B256-4EEA-8544-3FE647C240F3.png

Re: A better deal then the maxi?

Is this your first bike? I would just be patient and take my time and find a bike (puch, tomos, hobbit, minarelli) that is already running. You should be able to find a stock running bike for 600 or less even in CA.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah first bike, plan to wait it out. not trying to go broke on something I’m going to have to put time and labor into.

Yeah no point in buying a $650 bike that needs $400 worth of parts (not including labor) to become an $800 bike ya feel

Jeremy Homser /

If you come to the Bay Area near San Francisco I will sell you a running sorted bike for $600

I'd take the Cimatti, but I like them, and it looks more complete than the Puch. Mopeds seem very high priced this season, especially non runners! :/

That Blue Maxi in Santa Barbara, dude is nuts asking $750 for it not even running. glad to hear he went down a hundo

Robert Linhares /

Best bet: listen to good advice, like from Tyler and others.

Be patient, advertise as you are doing now.

Both pictured mopeds look tired.

> Jeremy Homser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you come to the Bay Area near San Francisco I will sell you a running

> sorted bike for $600

sounds like a great weekend trip, id do this.

non-runners can be a gold mine or a boat anchor, you wont know until after you buy it and start troubleshooting

Cimatti is such a nice bike, v1 is a great engine, although I am biased I have never been that crazy about Puchs.

It's a lot to pay for a non-runner where I am located. I bet you could show up with a bit less cash and still leave with the moped.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Cimatti looks stock and pretty solid, but except to still do some usual things to get it going. Clean carb / fuel system, swap out or clean points, and just a general tune up. I saw you mentioned they went down to $400, so if you get there and it has good compression i would probably bite assuming you dont mind getting your hands dirty to get it going. $400 would be high in my area of ohio but in CA thats probably decent for a solid unmolested moped. The Cimatti uses the great V1 engine that will be reliable for you.

Also, except to change some wear items down the road. Tires, cables, etc... thats not a reason in my book to walk away from the bike but be aware. If you were planning to buy this bike and make money then walk away, but it looks decent for something fun to work on and ride.

Looking forward to taking it apart and cleaning it up. Not reselling want to keep it around and enjoy. Appreciate the advice. And yeah first thing is check compression and tank. I’m glad they came down to 400 also that way I can have a little left over for replacement parts

Offer 3, but have the 4th hundo in another pocket...people get goofy when they see cash... ;)

I got back into mopeds last year, bought two bikes very similar to what you’re looking at. I have spent a lot less on the Puch (E50) but I like riding the bike with the Minarelli V1(Motron) a bit better. Also, I think any bike with a removable gas tank is a good starter bike for anyone just getting into it. Ask me how I know....!

Randy Oehlerking /

If you were closer I have 3 complete citybike rollers with 4 different complete V1 setups from stock to rebuilt & kitted..kinda like a mix & match...but shipping would kill ya...good luck. The 1st moped is always the hardest...kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't...then stopping yourself from buying bike #54 is just as hard as well....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account