WTB Puch Maxi project bike. Bakersfield, CA

Looking to purchase a Puch Maxi as a project bike. It doesn't need to run, clean gas tank would be preferred. Complete or near complete bikes. What have you got and how much? Pictures?

Re: WTB Puch Maxi project bike. Bakersfield, CA

I have had this for donkeys years and always intended to restore it.

I did have it running just last year but unfortunately with my fat weight on it, it was found that when I came to a hill it was jumping out of second gear. I have since bought a new gear cluster and gasket set shown in pics

Excellent project for someone.

Hope this meets your expectations.

Pm me For any info..,(kurtdwayne@aol)

Kurt.

Screenshot_20200419-135721.png
Screenshot_20200419-135625.png
Screenshot_20200419-135551.png

what model is this? I am really looking for a step through maxi but I'll look into this as well if you can tell me what it is. is that an aftermarket top tank or does that take place of the frame tank?

Yo that’s a motorcycle

edit: just noticed the pedals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (edited)

Emil Kniemel /

Sport-moped sold only in the UK? Very kewl!!

I'm willing to drive to pick up the bike, would also be down to purchase a stock honda hobbit, stock vespa grande, or a stock free spirit.

Emil Kniemel /

> Matt Peters Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm willing to drive to pick up the bike, would also be down to purchase

> a stock honda hobbit, stock vespa grande, or a stock free spirit.

i have a stock honda hobbit pa50ii in pieces without a tank, headlight. Before i disassembled it it was going 30mph with a wobbly really out of true rear wheel. I may have thrown away the front wheel since it was so bad. Definitely a project.

I can included a freespirit tank and enough parts to get it running including a way nicer front 17" from a motorcycle with a new tire on it.

You can pick it up for $250 in orange county, CA. Otherwise why not buy this:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mpo/d/santa-ana-1978-puch-sears-freespirit/7104565262.html

Do you have any pictures of that hobbit and parts. Yeah, I saw that free spirit and I may try to grab it but I was looking for a complete step through Maxi before I jumped on anything else. The Maxi is the real goal hahaha

Emil Kniemel /

Sure. Email me and I'll get you pictures.

Emil Kniemel /

Oh shit, that is seriously perfect. Thanks for posting this, I am going to try and get ahold of them.

^19 days old man, good luck!!

roots to wings /

have 78 or 79 puch maxi moped. it ran when i last used it. mostly complete. hasn't been touched since the late 80's. saving it as a project but have not gotten to it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account