Wtb: tomos CDI or hpi

Shipped to 10010. Whatcha got?

Re: Wtb: tomos CDI or hpi

It's going to be tough buddy... Unless you're looking for points... The Tomo CDI are gold... Literally... Tomos guys and gals do not give them up...

You would have to throw in some trade value... Or pay the fifty bucks... That's only for the CDI not the stator...

Dirty30 Dillon /

> J Dubbs Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It's going to be tough buddy... Unless you're looking for points... The

> Tomo CDI are gold... Literally... Tomos guys and gals do not give them

> up...

>

> You would have to throw in some trade value... Or pay the fifty bucks...

> That's only for the CDI not the stator...

Or you could just buy a new setup from Dos for a very reasonable price? Tomos CDI's are only worth anything because they can fit on other bikes.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > J Dubbs Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > It's going to be tough buddy... Unless you're looking for points...

> The

>

> > Tomo CDI are gold... Literally... Tomos guys and gals do not give them

>

> > up...

>

> >

>

> > You would have to throw in some trade value... Or pay the fifty

> bucks...

>

> > That's only for the CDI not the stator...

>

> Or you could just buy a new setup from Dos for a very reasonable price?

> Tomos CDI's are only worth anything because they can fit on other bikes.

Now you know the Tomos cdi is great... If other bikes where is plenty full and came with those CDi I would think about making a change... But every time I buy one that's $200 less I have to spend because I don't have to upgrade the ignition.. so fitting on other bikes is a bonus to me...those ignitions are outstanding... I can run all the lights I want and have all the spark I need... I don't need to buy an HPI ignition...most of the time it's the bikes been taken care of I don't have to replace all the cables or the switches... And if I run stock

. Tomos is very fast and reliable... I love the way tomos look and I like how much I get them for and I like how easy they are to work on.. plus they have the same stroke is puch

So I can put any kit on it I want from Tomos and Puch... It's a great bike and a great ignition...

And now that treats has the jammer clutch well that makes it even better... There's a lot of good things I have to say about a Tomos... I love the way we kick-start them... I think the trade off it's worth it... I know we have a weak bearing but being able to kick-start in reverse without an extra clutch lever leaver is really nice... And the engine being over and under is pretty cool.. plus I've always loved the big brakes... Man they're nice... 120 mm hubs... Everyone's going to disc... And I would too if I had a 90 mm hub.. plus they're so cheap to build... I can have a 50 mile an hour moped under $500.... I can have a 40 mile an hour moped by just adding $120 pipe...

You would have to be insane not to like Tomos...sorry but it's my opinion...I can go on and on ..but I'll stop...

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've never owned a Tomos that I enjoyed.

Give me a ZA50 anytime.

I'm glad you like Tomos, but you're missing out on a whole menagerie of bikes.

Take that shit to the Gen forum Dubbs, I'm looking for parts not lectures why people should like boring bikes

Bump

bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account