Re: $380 Vespa Engine

I was trying to buy that Vespa when I was in Detroit over xmas. I would have paid $350 guy was not really trying to sell it. Busted forks are going to take a chunk out of your bottom line.

Just bought two non running Vespas in new Orleans for four hundred. Bikes in NOLA are not this cheap.

Dude should have took the 350 and been done with it.

He deserves the headache he get from this.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Dirty30 Dillon /

This thread is cute.

If you're trying to sell a Vespa motor for $380, lol.

If you are arguing with someone else selling it for more than you think it's worth, lol.

If you're buying a whole vespa motor, either your plan is to buy a stock motor to build mild, OR you wanna something fast at which point you should just buy new Polini/Malossi/Pinasco cases and just yeet it.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Still for sale?? :D

J/K

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> Ike Pipe Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Still for sale?? :D

>

> J/K

Actually it is. And since the start of this thread the price has dropped on eBay a whopping $90! Go figure, I thought David knew what he had and was charging a fair price. Funny how that works out!

Still ridiculously overpriced at $260 LOL. I bought 2 running Ciaos for $200.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Back off Ike.

12 step remember

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Like i had mentioned before you must have never sold anything before jason. Its not about what i think its worth. Its what whomever is willing to pay for it. I start my prices high because im not gonna cheat myself out of a sale. Its simple i offer it to whoever wants it and the price will gradually go down until it sells, if it doesn't who cares id use it on something. Basic selling skillz bro. And also you should check out the stock e50 i just sold today on EBay for $475 then tell me moped engines aren't worth it. Maybe not to your broke ass.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

This thread sucks. Motor is over priced. Who cares? Don't buy it.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Exactly(edited)

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Selling a stock e50 for $475 is a dickhead move, like selling toilet paper for $10/roll. Just because you can screw someone over doesn’t mean you should. Shit just ain’t right, and demonstrates lack of character. Bragging about it proves your deficit of scruples. What goes around comes around.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

> david carroll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Like i had mentioned before you must have never sold anything before

> jason. Its not about what i think its worth. Its what whomever is

> willing to pay for it. I start my prices high because im not gonna cheat

> myself out of a sale. Its simple i offer it to whoever wants it and the

> price will gradually go down until it sells, if it doesn't who cares id

> use it on something. Basic selling skillz bro. And also you should

> check out the stock e50 i just sold today on EBay for $475 then tell me

> moped engines aren't worth it. Maybe not to your broke ass.

Your “rich ass” will just keep buying “expensive parts” and is broke ass will just get the same parts free. Stop trying to get top dollar its fucking lame poser status! It’s a moped get over your self and stop hustling people, taking advantage and act like a pro seller. Your just raising the price of something for no point and no likes that person.

Moped engines aren’t worth it! Moped suck get a real job

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

So the local actual moped only shop can charge $250 for a rebuild and put a e50

$380 bottom end only on EBay for sale. And they are adored in the moped community. But when i do it i sell an actual running complete engine for another $100 on top of that, im price gouging.. Lol you kids are nonsensical.

I dont rip anyone off. Im not forcing anyone to pay me!

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

You don’t have a shop, employees, inventory, overhead, commercial insurance, expenses, EXPERIENCE, OR BRAINS!

All you have is an attitude, and a plain ass POS motor.

That’s why.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

> david carroll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So the local actual moped only shop can charge $250 for a rebuild and

> put a e50

>

> $380 bottom end only on EBay for sale. And they are adored in the moped

> community. But when i do it i sell an actual running complete engine for

> another $100 on top of that, im price gouging.. Lol you kids are

> nonsensical.

>

> I dont rip anyone off. Im not forcing anyone to pay me!

Forcing someone to pay you is not ripping them off that’s basically robbing them. Letting them pay an extremely inflated price for something is ripping them off.

Lol you “adult” are nonsensical

Have fun with your money because you won’t have any friends(edited)

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

"Cheat myself out of a sale"?

This is mopeds not pawn stars. That's the lamest shit I've ever heard.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Dirty30 Dillon /

The people complaining about the price of a Vespa motor on eBay, need to reality check. Nobody on Earth NEEDS a Vespa moped motor. It's a part of a vintage toy motorcycle, not a life necessity. Let the dude do what he wants and if you have the ability to buy $100 complete Vespas do that and resell them yourself.

That is the proper social justice action if you feel that his capitalist endeavors offend your morality.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The people complaining about the price of a Vespa motor on eBay, need to

> reality check. Nobody on Earth NEEDS a Vespa moped motor. It's a part of

> a vintage toy motorcycle, not a life necessity. Let the dude do what he

> wants and if you have the ability to buy $100 complete Vespas do that

> and resell them yourself.

>

> That is the proper social justice action if you feel that his capitalist

> endeavors offend your morality.

This is mopeding not some vintage toy motorcycle. And don’t start reselling stuff for a higher price after you buy it cheap. Let’s keep mopeding cheap so we can all enjoy it! Yea capitalist endeavors over mopeds it’s lame. Stop putting money before moped friends(edited)

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Seth i do have all that - employees. And im a licenced master motorcycle mechanic in the state of michigan. My over head is, bills to keep my lights on, house payment, and eat. I pay taxes on what i sell and give money to the government. Thats a business. I have brung damn near 400 mopeds back into functioning condition and into new riders hands. What's that sound like? Maybe some one a little successful in what they do? Maybe someone with a brain?.(edited)

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

For all you on here saying oh this guy is ripping folks off lol all i say is don't buy my stuff. I offer great deals to those who ask and aren't actually jack asses that try to drag names in the dirt. I don't need any of you as friends or need any more friends. I don't post on moped army, i can care less of the stuff on here except when im mentioned. Im normally hands deep in a build doing actual moped stuff to be gossiping on here. Take care

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

> david carroll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> For all you on here saying oh this guy is ripping folks off lol all i

> say is don't buy my stuff. I offer great deals to those who ask and

> aren't actually jack asses that try to drag names in the dirt. I don't

> need any of you as friends or need any more friends. I don't post on

> moped army, i can care less of the stuff on here except when im

> mentioned. Im normally hands deep in a build doing actual moped stuff to

> be gossiping on here. Take care

“ i can care less of the stuff on here except when im mentioned”

What? Hahahaha dude that is so wack. have fun with your money! Pce

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Barack Obama Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> This is mopeding not some vintage toy motorcycle. And don’t start

> reselling stuff for a higher price after you buy it cheap. Let’s keep

> mopeding cheap so we can all enjoy it! Yea capitalist endeavors over

> mopeds it’s lame. Stop putting money before moped friends

Mopeds are a vintage Motorsport. Now may how badly you want to keep it cheap for yourself.

The stock is limited and only getting smaller. Deal with it. Buy now and hold onto projects.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Barack Obama Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > This is mopeding not some vintage toy motorcycle. And don’t start

>

> > reselling stuff for a higher price after you buy it cheap. Let’s keep

>

> > mopeding cheap so we can all enjoy it! Yea capitalist endeavors over

>

> > mopeds it’s lame. Stop putting money before moped friends

>

> Mopeds are a vintage Motorsport. Now may how badly you want to keep it

> cheap for yourself.

>

> The stock is limited and only getting smaller. Deal with it. Buy now and

> hold onto projects.

Haha u both smoking to much any average person would say mopeds are junk and wouldn’t mess a minute with them. I just picked up a free pa50ii for free two weeks ago and its running and going low 30s. I wanna keep it cheap because that is what kind of people work on mopeds lol. I’m not the one looking cheap right now(edited)

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

is David Carroll in real life that fucking bitch Carole Baskin?

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

> david carroll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Seth i do have all that - employees. And im a licenced master motorcycle

> mechanic in the state of michigan. My over head is, bills to keep my

> lights on, house payment, and eat. I pay taxes on what i sell and give

> money to the government. Thats a business. I have brung damn near 400

> mopeds back into functioning condition and into new riders hands.

> What's that sound like? Maybe some one a little successful in what they

> do? Maybe someone with a brain?.

I apologize, sincerely. I was mistakenly under the impression you were some fly-by-night, shady, backyard bullshitter trying to take advantage of unsuspecting suckers who knew no better. I should have done my research. While I may not agree with your price, that’s irrelevant; but I do appreciate professional workmanship, and the costs of doing business somewhat legitimizes the price. Regardless, I shouldn’t have been so quick to jump on the criticism bandwagon. I’m sorry.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Here a thought for you "price is to high guys" maybe you never used EBay a or sold stuff online. A screenshot of what's possible. And this normally happens 50% of the time. I accept offer of $180 because that's my least. I have to ship to California way across the us from me and it's FREE shipping anywhere. $180-$135= $45. Minus 10% fee thats $45-18= $27 i made whoo hoo! Got damn im rich! This happens alot not even to mention returns, i have to pay shipping back! This may or may not happen who knows. Are any of you guys risking it?

Screenshot_2020-04-12-04-15-18.png

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

I honestly dont see the big deal here. Guy is a business man and needs to make money. If you dont like his prices dont bother him. I see alot of people badgering people over prices. It all depends on where you are in the country. I see alot of stuff here and it seems pretty high. Not saying they are selling but I see alot of people getting stuff for dirt cheap or free In running or near condition in other parts of the country. Shipping large heavy items is not cheap. Back when I was buying I paid an average of 350 to 500 a bike. That was 10 years ago so now bikes are getting scooped up and horded so prices will go up.

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

I guess I just don’t give a shit about money or the item :)

What a good life, let me know if you guys need parts to resell lol

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

A good example would be when my bee mentor sold us a honey extractor for next to nothing but he told us if we ever resold it we would have to offer the same price to the next person. I really enjoyed and respected that & mopeds should be that same!

pass it down & stop trying to be a “business man” this isn’t the stock market its unneeded moped junk

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Barack Obama /

I’m stilling laughing at who ever first thought mopeds were a “vintage power sports”. Moped were invented because of a gas crisis not for pleasure

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account