$380 Vespa Engine

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

No affiliation with seller. In case you guys want a stock Vespa engine, cheaper on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2666621770116418/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233548133881

Re: $380 Vespa Engine

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Also guys don’t get your hopes up on this one, not speed cases or anything special. It’s a stock Vespa engine, never opened or rebuilt, with a stock clutch, for $380.

Looks like a good deal to me if it runs and bolt on ready to go.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> david carroll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like a good deal to me if it runs and bolt on ready to go.

You can find a complete running Vespa even here in Chicago from $100-$400. I’ve done it 5 times in the last year alone. Two of em were $100. Both ran like a top.

Cool jason that you can find good deals in Chicago. We all find greats deal every once and a while. Are you selling a motor or a vespa that your willing to ship free to anywhere in the world with repercussions if it doesn't work like you say it does?.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> david carroll Wrote:

> Cool jason that you can find good deals in Chicago. We all find greats

> deal every once and a while. Are you selling a motor or a vespa that

> your willing to ship free to anywhere in the world with repercussions if

> it doesn't work like you say it does?.

David this is YOUR engine, and we literally just went through all of this on messenger. And you called people from moped army a “cool bunch of complainers and cheap asses”. Why are you even here? It’s not cool to rip people off even if they’re willing to pay for it. Own up to the fact that you’re literally charging $380 for a Vespa engine lol.(edited)

AA519D90-E7EB-4E4E-9EA1-ED73745626EC.png

Lol thanks for the laugh. But it is my motor and its what im asking for it. I mean unless you want to give away your items cheap go right ahead..

My man. please read what you just have been saying and read what the screenshot you took of our conversation says..im rolling in irony over here.(edited)

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> david carroll Wrote:

> My man. please read what you just have been saying and read what the

> screenshot you took of our conversation says..im rolling in irony over

> here. This is why i don't post things for sale on moped army.

Haha, there’s a difference between being a “cheap ass” and knowing the market value of something. Enjoy ripping good people off David.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> david carroll Wrote:

> My man. please read what you just have been saying and read what the

> screenshot you took of our conversation says..im rolling in irony over

> here. This is why i don't post things for sale on moped army.

You don’t post things for sale on moped army because you overcharge your ass off, and people call you or for it. LOL

What a freaking rip-off!

What happened to that grande frame?

I don't like jumping into arguments. But that is steep for what it's is. I do think the older members here know the value of mopeds and parts. Having said that, good luck with your sale.

giphy.gif

This kid jason must never had to rely on selling things to make a living. This is what i do, sell moped parts, and whole mopeds. I pay fees, tax's, I offer free worldwide shipping and returns. I don't get to cut off customer's if i sell garbage and they don't like it. It's not About what its worth locally to you. maybe that guy in Australia needs this engine and im the only one that can ship it free to him. That may cost me $$$. Also has nobody heard of making a reasonable offer? I can always go down in price. But not up..think about it. Instead of trying to bash a seller. I didn't list my engine here jason did to try and stir shit up because he's bored.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

It’s super easy to offer free world wide shipping when you are over charging by like $300 lol. You called us all a “cool bunch of cheap asses” and I figured it fair for everyone here to know that.

I don’t give a shit if you sell moped parts for a living, cool buddy. Keep on price gouging, have fun.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> Todd S Wrote:

> What happened to that grande frame?

It’s the super legendary and rare speed bracket, adds 5hp and apparently $300.

Actually though I have no idea, we were wondering that on the Vespa fb page. Does the Vespa Si have different motor mounts that this bracket adapt the engine to?

If you have a motor to sell feel free to price it whatever you wanna let it go for. Until there is another running complete vespa engine guaranteed to work as is or Your money back for sale, or sold as proof this is what its worth, This is the price till then. i cant help you or teach you otherwise. And no a complete crashed vespa is not the same value as this engine. Are you gonna drive 7 hours to get it and pay to ship it across the oceans? Im a cheap ass myself im sure i know everyone else here is also we all wanna pay less. So your trying to make it look like im against these guys really has no effect i know majority of them in real life and yes they are cool dudes.

Terbo Speghetti /

This is not a good deal at all on an engine. Not even close to a little bit good.

Actually completely terrible.

Almost criminal.

Terbo Speghetti /

> david carroll Wrote:

> This kid jason must never had to rely on selling things to make a

> living.

You're terrible at your fake job

For sure spaghetti don't buy it then.

> david carroll Wrote:

> This kid jason must never had to rely on selling things to make a

> living. This is what i do, sell moped parts, and whole mopeds. I pay

> fees, tax's, I offer free worldwide shipping and returns. I don't get to

> cut off customer's if i sell garbage and they don't like it. It's not

> About what its worth locally to you. maybe that guy in Australia needs

> this engine and im the only one that can ship it free to him. That may

> cost me $$$. Also has nobody heard of making a reasonable offer? I can

> always go down in price. But not up..think about it. Instead of trying

> to bash a seller. I didn't list my engine here jason did to try and stir

> shit up because he's bored.

This is stupid. $380. I passed on one for $90 shipped a few months ago. Damn butcher looking for love here, after trash talking us.

“Also has nobody heard of making a reasonable offer?” - Have you not heard of setting a reasonable price? Good grief.

Well your free to your opinions and me of mine. If it sells cool if not oh well. Like i says in my ad im saving it for another bike in the future...so doesn't matter to me either way..and yes you are all complainers and cheap asses.. Read this whole forum.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> david carroll Wrote:

> Well your free to your opinions and me of mine. If it sells cool if not

> oh well. Like i says in my ad im saving it for another bike in the

> future...so doesn't matter to me either way..and yes you are all

> complainers and cheap asses.. Read this whole forum.

Hahaha, here's an entire bike for $125, bet this engine would run like a top once cleaned up. https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4359432

Keep talking out of your ass and price gouging David. Yes, I did just post your listing(s) here so we could talk trash about you. You're either part of the community or you're not. And if you are a part of it you like to help people out and sell things for their reasonable market value, because we are all on the same team here. You clearly are NOT a part of the community and instead want to profit off of other people's misfortune. It's not our fault your only job is selling moped parts, and that is not a valid excuse for unreasonable price gouging.

Cool

giphy.gif

Hey Jason , if David was profiting off other peoples misfortune , then how could they afford a $400 engine. To me that would be someone who has a fortune and can afford to buy a running guaranteed motor.

I think you have it all backward. We all still want our $50 mint magnums and Vespa's .

We all know that those days are long gone.

What i see here is someone willing to try and make some of these old bikes whole again . I have seen his shop and its first class. He takes great care to build things right and his prices reflect that effort.

I guess that he is more a part of the moped community than many of you are because he has gotten many new people into a hobby that was long forgotten .

He has also restored many bikes and created innovative new ones if you had bothered to look .

Maybe you liked it when only a select few wanted mopeds and the rest were trashed or left in barns or sheds to rot.

I think it is much better now. We are fortunate in our area to have a first class moped shop , 3 local clubs , and people like him . Yes, we have to pay a lot more for that privilege , but now we can shop world wide and easily get what we need at prices we want to pay.

I applaud people like him who actually work in this industry , yes industry. every day and make it better for everyone who wants to be a part of it.

So it seems like you feel a need to bash anyone who doesn't operate like yourself .

I do not understand why , unless David is right .

No motor is worth $380 without new crank seals and bearings, I don't give a shit who is selling it. New top end? Great, that takes 10 minutes. When those crusty ass seals inevitably blow in a month or two, whoever paid big bucks for that motor is gonna be disappointed.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Yeah sure if you want to get philosophical about it that’s fine dude. You’re both still wrong though. He’s taking advantage of someone that might need that motor so they can get to work. And now they have to fork over half their rent money TOO because the only one for sale is David’s overpriced piece of stock junk.

Parts are readily available today from multiple vendors ALL around the world. Idk wtf ur on because David is not responsible for that revelation, at all. And I really don’t care if you think so because he’s still price gouging his ass off.

Even Treatland thinks so, $150:

https://www.treatland.tv/USED-vespa-engine-points-p/vespa-engine-points.htm

And you know sure as hell they will ship worldwide (free shipping at that price too) and guarantee their product, they always do. And their quality and customer service is much higher than David’s LOL. Yes I did look at his shit, I know who he is, nothing special man. I’ve spent thousands on a single moped, none of this has to do with being a “complainer” or a “cheap ass”, it has everything to do with price gouging and just all around being a low life piece of shit.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> I applaud people like him who actually work in this industry , yes

> industry. every day and make it better for everyone who wants to be a

> part of it.

Charging $380 for a stock crusty piece of shit Vespa engine does exactly the contrary of this by the way. He’s making it a worse place and being an asshole while doing it.

This thread is over

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account