Feeler: WC Derbi Chopper

Okay folks,

What we have here, is a WC Derbi Flatreed Chopper.

Located in Lake Geneva, WI.

I will do my best to answer any questions about the build, and will try to list out as much as possible.

I'm selling because kids, and no more moped time. Well, maybe again in the future, but this one can go.

Engine Specs: (could use more tuning, you know... time.)

Derbi Flat Reed Bottom End, Bored, welded & casematched (pedal delete)

70cc Airsal WC Speedfight kit

TJT Variator

Motobecane Doppler Exhaust

MLM 4 petal reed block

Mikuni TM24

I think red Contra Spring?

HPI Mini Rotor

pull start

Frame Specs:

70s dirtbike Frame, custom hardtail welded

Some tall ass dirtbike forks (drum)

Seat & Sissy bar were from a MC swapmeet

Handlebars were puch handlebars heated, twisted, and rebar was welded in for rigidity

VW Waterpump

Battery Tray

19 front wheel

16 rear wheel

Mini Peanut gas tank from TC

There's probably more, but it is what it is. A super fast, like way too fast, shitty chopper. Will consider selling engine/pipe separate.

Please, feel free to ask any questions. I'm pretty open to price within reason, I'm not looking to make money on this bike, I just want it to go somewhere it should.

Thanks!

Re: Feeler: WC Derbi Chopper

Sorry if I messed anything up, I havent been on MA in a few years.

Hey Jeremy it’s been a while. What kinda other toys you got lying around? Any pit bike/dirt bike stuff?

I remember when you built this thing, like it a lot. I’m in Boston but would consider making a trip after this whole thing is over

That is one chill ass chopper..

Ttt

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

No clue what it's worth but I want it. I'm in Chicago so I could drive out easy. Do you have any build threads or videos? PM if you want to talk price.

This has the true 70s lines. Nice work. The angles match up to my actual 70s Harley Rebel chopper

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> Jeremy Freeze Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ttt

Bump, Jeremy where you at? PM on this. Thx

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Bump still looking for price on this

Yeah I pmd him before you, he opened it and never responded

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Same. Seems odd to post something for sale, and even bump it just a day before, then not care to actually sell it when inquired. Perhaps he is busy, which is no worries. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not in a rush anyhow.

Plus with such a cool bike I wouldn't blame him for opting to keep it.

He's out of the state right now. He also has a newborn so things are hectic.

Thanks Jake,

So a bit of an update.

I just took this bike today on a 60 mile ride, GPS’d at 60 mph. Water temp never went above 175 for the rides entirety.

There’s more to be done here, but I’m ready to pass it on and put a price on it.

$1,000 picked up

I feel like yes, it’s a little on the higher end, price wise, but to someone who loves derbis, and wants a cool/gross/weird bike, it’ll be worth it.

If you’re still interested, send me another message and I’ll get back to you.

Thanks, and sorry for all the delays!

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Jeremy thanks for getting back to us.

I talked to Jerry today he was at the ride with ya'll. He said that you mentioned that the frame needs to be scrapped due to bad welds. Can you shed some more light on this? Is it really a death trap as is? Keep in mind I live in the city. . . . potholes are abundant. Jerry has offered to help reinforce. . . . I was hoping to buy this bike and just start riding it and keeping it nicely kept. I think you did a beautiful job on the whole build. But this changes things a little.

Is it salvageable? Or am I looking at building a new frame from scratch / swapping everything onto a variant or something? I have never owned a Derbi but since riding with Jerry and Greg, and the other Marranos, I really really want one.

Barbie makes my Grande look like a fucking dump truck that thing is so fast. And coming from pretty fast variated Vespas, a bike like this would be a great next step. Single speed sucks!

No, I’m not worried about them.

But honestly, I’m not going to sell you this bike. You’ve been a constant annoyance, and frankly, if something needed to be fixed, I doubt you would know how to fix it.

To anyone else who is interested and curious about the welds, I clearly trust them with my life, since I was taking the thing to 60 mph on the shitty, pot hole ridden backroads of Harvard, IL. If you’re really that worried about my fabrication skills, you can buy the motor, pipe, carb and radiator for $850.

Thanks.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Sorry Jeremy I must have totally misunderstood what he was saying then. Glad they are solid for the next owner, didn't mean any harm at all. GLWS, the price is extremely good.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account