FS: Batavus HS-50 (best condition ever!!)

I am new to the site and have just acquired the aforementioned moped. I am into minibikes and this one might be best in the hands of moped aficionado. I tried to post some pics but having some issues so PM me or send me a message with your email and I’ll send you some nice pics and vid’s taking offers!

8C5F60DC-279A-496A-A78F-E3AAFA0512A4.jpeg
553E1A9E-86BF-4177-B6ED-9896F9920B44.jpeg
C1353300-1174-4974-A08D-57C3BF4F7EC7.jpeg

Re: FS: Batavus HS-50 (best condition ever!!)

For best condition, I hope it has the missing parts

Brute Squad - Steve Nadeau /

Agreed .... And whats the most it could even be worth complete ? 400$ ?

I sold mine for 800 in upstate NY

There are stock lovers out there that don't mind doing 28mph. I wonder if the center panel is taken off for a reason, and does he have it? That would be huge as far as pricing.

The only thing it’s missing is the rear wheel and the foot rest. It is complete otherwise and original. It has 1075 miles and certainly it was garaged when not in use. There is zero rust on any of the handlebars or other metal parts. I have looked at many examples on the Internet and have yet to find one in this good of shape. I am not trying to get rich on this deal by any means so if there are any interested parties out there please send me offers but keep in mind I am not giving it away either. I would prefer a local pick up here in the Atlanta Georgia area I will ship but I am not responsible for any of the shipping costs.

Being that I am not an expert or claiming to be one if you see anything else from these two pictures that is missing please let me know. Again, to my knowledge, it’s just the foot rest and the rear wheel. I asked myself the same question you’re probably asking. How is a bike in this nice condition missing the rear wheel? I have no idea but it is what it is.I will again express that the condition is so nice that some parts still look to be brand new. For example the fenders look like they were just put on yesterday and never even went for a ride with. Unless I am not seeing it some of the nicer condition ones I’ve seen online are missing the gold stripe paint that is very prevalent on this example. The spark plug still is the original Bosch plug. Just a really nice all-around survivor and would be hard-pressed to find another one like it and it’s the same condition. Beautiful bike!(edited)

$400 NOT including optional shipping

Pushrod Fifty /

Lack of rear wheel kept it in a virtual time capule.

[video][/video]Maybe someone can shed some light on a question I have about this bike. It’s relating to the gold pinstriping on the tank and on the midsection. Is that from the factory or what? I don’t see any others with this but I really like it and think it Pops and helps it stand out.

Yeah probably right about the rear wheel and why it’s in such good condition. However, there is a 16 inch rear wheel off of a 1980 bad of us on eBay right now for 45 bucks and that includes free shipping and there also is a foot rest from an HS 50 for 30 bucks including free shipping. So if you wanted to get this up and running and have it be a stock bike at $400 Plus the additional parts you’re still under 500. Now compare it to what’s Being offered presently In the market for this make and model. I’d say you’ll be doing really really well!(edited)

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Lack of rear wheel kept it in a virtual time capule.

could be innocent, could be stolen

You need to do better on the pictures. Need an overall shot and one of the carburetor area

There is so much clutter and distraction around the bike Its painful to look at this shit

Sent you a PM

Is that Duluth MN By chance?

The wheel can be had easily enough. My friend Tim has a couple of NOS ones. Good luck on the footrest though. Finding one in the condition of the rest of the moped is impossible so that knocks down the collector value in half.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account