Solex for Sale....NJ/PA

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Barn kept for the last 15 years. Needs tires and tubes. Will also need the requisite carb cleaning. 100% complete as far as I know. Even has the air pump! $350 or best offer. No title.

CB03928A-E519-4E8F-B88E-2F78176BC352.jpeg
872D7DD3-2E17-4952-A0F9-D12CF4CCEA1E.jpeg

Re: Solex for Sale....NJ/PA

so far, 100% of the time (based on a sample size of 5) if these don't run, it is because there is a loss of prime or a loss of vacuum. Start out replacing the rubber line from the carb to the tank to make sure it has a nice airtight seal. Then, open up the bleeder on the top of the motor and squirt in some fuel to soften things up. Leave the bleeder open and pedal the motor over until fresh fuel starts getting pulled through then close the bleeder and it should start right up. If nothing comes through the bleeder, make sure the metal fuel lines are clear -- you might also have to replace the pump diaphragm (available on treats) if it has broken down over time.

The bleeder is right above the pump.

also, on versions like this without a throttle, neutral brake potion is full throttle; when you pull the brake, it cuts the throttle

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Ian, Do you know what model it is? 5000?

If your wheels are 16" it is a 5000 model.

If they are 19" then 3800, 4600, etc.

As well Holland had a model with 12" wheels. (edited)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thanks! It’s a 5000 model.

top speed 14-17 mph ;)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I’m selling it for a friend. I have no experience with Solexes. I’ll take best reasonable offer.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

First $150 takes it. I’m sick of looking at it. I don’t want this French machine corrupting my reliable Italian bikes.

Hey! Where are you located? I really want this

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Port Murray, nj. You’ll have to use waze or google maps to get an exact time/distance.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Bike is tentatively sold pending pick up this evening.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Solex is gone. Thanks Parker!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account