1979 Puch Magnum MKII

Aloha Moped fam- looking for input on market value for a pretty stock 1979 Puch Magnum MKII

Relined the tank

15MM Bing

MLM pipe

Still slow as shit with a big rider (230lbs)

Any input is appreciated

091FF930-F484-4F52-B163-72623D543A9E.jpeg

Re: 1979 Puch Magnum MKII

Super interested, this is the exact bike I've been looking for. Where are you located?

Parker Paredes /

Oahu Hawaii!

Hawaii? I wouldn’t know where to begin in gauging moped prices there. Not many ever made it there, from what I understand, and a MKII Magnum is a lot more desirable than most mopeds.

Shouldn't be that slow. Mine hauled my 250lb ass up to 35 np. Probably the pipe, I had an estoril on mine.

You did replace the shift dampeners and flipped the clutch right? Rebuild? Doesn't matter if ur selling it I guess.lol

Anyway, it's worth $800-900 buckaroonies.

Probably closer to $1200-1500 me thinks... but you’ll have to find a buyer first.

Dirty30 Dillon /

On the island, I would not go less than $1500, as that's what it would cost just to get another one shipped over from the main land.

1500 if it runs right. If you had the engine covers and rear rack it would help.

I was under the impression puchs and espeically magnums are sought after in HI.

Parker Paredes /

Big Mahalo to schmiddy, Aaron, jonathan, dirty30 and Avery! I rode a kitted Puch cobra 9 years ago owned by a buddy of mine- the bike was fast and squirly and I felt like it was going kill me..I was hooked; told myself I would own a Puch one day.

I appreciate your help. Now I’m Not tripping too hard that I have $2000+ Into this bike

Cheers

Probably Fred /

> Parker Paredes Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Big Mahalo to schmiddy, Aaron, jonathan, dirty30 and Avery! I rode a

> kitted Puch cobra 9 years ago owned by a buddy of mine- the bike was

> fast and squirly and I felt like it was going kill me..I was hooked;

> told myself I would own a Puch one day.

>

> I appreciate your help. Now I’m Not tripping too hard that I have

> $2000+ Into this bike

>

> Cheers

2 grand in HI is fair, There was a old time puch lover from HI (don’t know what island tho) named Gene who was good guy, I haven’t heard of in awhile, do you know if he is still around ?

Parker Paredes /

Roffman- have not heard of Gene but I know we have a pretty solid moped community here in Hawaii.

I was fortunate to hook up with an OG named Fishman who worked at a local moped shop in the early 80s- he taught me points and rebuilt 3 ZA50s for me with factory PUCH tooling. If not for him I’d still be scratching my head.

It would help to get the correct dash.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account