Need Puch mechanic in San Jose area.

I have a Puch Maxi I bought new in 1978 (old guy),,,11K miles on it. Need some basic engine work.

IMG_1293.JPG

Re: Need Puch mechanic in San Jose area.

Overpriced Parts /

That’s not a 1978 it’s a 1977 or older, The handlebars, controls, wheels and decal are 1977 1976 type,

11k mi, it pretty much needs a rebuild not just basic work

Post said "bought new in 1978" not "I have a 1978 Maxi"

It would not take much to get that back in fighting trim! Nice machine!

There is a moped club in San Jose. Yacht Club. Maybe if you could track down some of them you would find some help.

That Maxi is sick

hit me up i live in salinas im willing to help you get that thing running/rebuild

I just noticed that someone painted half the upper fork legs on that maxi pictured above white ... presumably to match the white shocks in the back? Never seen that before.

What area of San Jose do you live in? I'm in willow glen.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just noticed that someone painted half the upper fork legs on that

> maxi pictured above white ... presumably to match the white shocks in

> the back? Never seen that before.

That is interesting.

I sit corrected...I looked at data plate...it's 2 years older...1976!

I sit corrected...I looked at data plate...it's 2 years older...1976! And I did buy it then. We had a gas crisis thanks to the Arabs. Cars got even/odd plate days to fill. Thought this would be a good alternative. ..it was! I got over 80 mpg with my 185 lbs on it. Very European look. Biggest bitch were flat tires...riding in the bike lanes. But then died out after several years. Then CA outlawed selling of new 2-strokes.

I'm across from Good Sam Hospital...Bascom and Camden Area.

Rick

Thanks Todd....Seems they might be a branch of a Boston club - same name...but little info.

Thanks. I found a shop in SJ that does electric scooters...doesn't like gas...but will give it a shot. I'll save your contact.

Mike,

When I got it, I put white reflective tape on the shocks to try and be seen at night. When I had new tires installed several years ago, they were too wide and scrapped...so I took the front fender off...now smooth and I don't ride in the rain anyway. Last mechanic spray canned it blue - looks OK ...same color as original but not a good job.

What kind of work does that need? When you put it away last did you close the petcock and run the carb dry?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account