FS: 1977 Peugeot 103 w/ 90 original miles

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately a few projects are in need of some finances, and I am selling my 1977 Peugeot 103 with 90 original miles on the odometer.

Missing the side covers (the previous owner had sold them prior to my purchase).

Has leather saddle bags, unsure if they were aftermarket or a homemade item by a previous owner.

The only true blemish is a small pin hole leak on the left bottom of the gas tank.

Asking $950 OBRO. Open to discussion.

Located in Western Mass.

More images available, hit the file size limit for this post.

20191021_124117.jpg
20191021_124124.jpg

Re: FS: 1977 Peugeot 103 w/ 90 original miles

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Pin hole leaks are deceiving. Poke a nail around the area of the leak and I can almost guarantee the surrounding metal is compromised in that whole area.(edited)

I am sorry to say this bike could be a total loss.The bike will need a full paint and tank restoration to ever be worth 950.00.

A hole in the gas tank is almost a death sentence. Even though the frame isn’t compromised structurally, the tank will need rebuilt, or at least brazed where the hole(s) are. And where there is one pinhole, there’s a much larger area eaten away just under the paint. And of course, once the hole is repaired, your paint will be ruined. You can’t match the color, so the whole bike needs repainted. Damn the bad luck! Beauty otherwise.

Cheetah and Lar are spot on. Again.

Bump!

$850 OBRO. Open to discussion.

Will be loading photos from a borescope, to reveal the condition of the tank by the pinhole.

wasting your time, no one here is gonna touch that pug with a ten foot pole for even $250.

William Johnson /

Is this even running?

its objet d'art

find a french restaurant and see if they wanna hang it from the ceiling

Try selling it in California, I hear they like overpriced peds :)

Your moped is ruined. That’s what we’re all trying to tell you! It happens. A lot. Find another frame, or part it out. But you’re not gonna be able to sell it, in present condition, to anybody who knows anything about mopeds. We’re not being dicks, just honest. You might find some unsuspecting sucker on FB or Craigslist, but Karma is a bitch, so that’ll be on you. Good luck.

BTW, realistic value as it sits: ~ $150-$200.(edited)

***Kim Jong illest*** /

dont you guys know that when a moped for sale ad has pics of the bike before its even unloaded from the pick up location, its ALWAYS from a seller who thinks they found a solid bar of gold? theyre so excited to make a profit they cant even wait to get home before listing it.

hole in the tank? dead ped. completely worthless. sell the motor and the wheels and stuff like that if you want to make anything on it, but the frame is worth exactly zero dollars.

In nyc that would be worth 1500. Prices here are crazy!

kevin smellaflange /

does anyone have cheap side covers for this this 103 that is worth nothing on the west coast?

Looks like he offloaded it to a dude on FB. I bet Brent will be disappointed when he finds the hole in the tank.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/369770523573822/permalink/599280863956119/ (edited)

***Kim Jong illest*** /

what a piece of shit.

Hello Trolls,

Why make claims and rumors with no facts nor backing to your remarks? Lots of people hiding behind the internet wall, while making erroneous claims. Instead ask questions, pass on information and knowledge to those joining the community.

The tank was viewed with a borescope, along with the information being provided up front to all interested in it. That there is a pinhole leak.

This community has a majority of people willing to assist, and pass on knowledge to those who have the same passion for small displacement engines. Yet the minority of you, the trolls, seem to have nothing better to do than be a negative component within the community. Mature a bit, and attempt be a positive component within the moped community.

Yeah I don't know why y'all assumed he would sell to someone and not disclose the hole in the tank.

> Isaac DG Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hello Trolls,

>

> Why make claims and rumors with no facts nor backing to your remarks?

> Lots of people hiding behind the internet wall, while making erroneous

> claims. Instead ask questions, pass on information and knowledge to

> those joining the community.

>

> The tank was viewed with a borescope, along with the information being

> provided up front to all interested in it. That there is a pinhole

> leak.

>

> This community has a majority of people willing to assist, and pass on

> knowledge to those who have the same passion for small displacement

> engines. Yet the minority of you, the trolls, seem to have nothing

> better to do than be a negative component within the community. Mature

> a bit, and attempt be a positive component within the moped community.

welcome to the internet lol

nobody is safe from ridicule, especially on this site. Mopeds in general tend to be wildly misvalued either sold at crazy high prices or dirt cheap, meaning the market is volatile and hard to nail down. Several people have told you with various levels of civility that the bike you are trying to sell will not sell for the price you ask given the condition of the bike. Even without the gas tank pinhole, nobody here would touch that bike for $950, you would even have trouble getting $800 here if it were in perfect condition, despite what you see them listed for on craigslist. You have chosen to post it on a forum with well versed moped people who are giving you real advise, not being trolls, some just being excessively blunt with their points.

It might be hard to hear but what people are saying is spot on. Gastank "pinhole" = frame is junk, not road worthy, unless you put some serious work into it. Dont need to see it in person to make that evaluation. Its like selling a truck with a rusted frame, even if it ran perfectly, its still living on borrowed time.

Best bet would be a part out.

Shane Christman /

I have a hobbit for sale 700$, running, all wanged out and good to go if anyone is interested. Just saying. :)

kevin smellaflange /

i knew about the leak, i wasn't at all worried, i can braze & airbrush...i wasn't taken. i traded 2 1974 ct70 hondas for it, he races hondas & i liked this bike....fixing it right, will take a couple of days...the guy that sold the side covers & left mix in it for 43 years is a question that will never get answered...89 miles & full of mix in a barn for that long..?... but a del 14/12 will squeEek right on...& retune the variator, & go through it all should take me 2 weeks....if anyone else has a nice pug or moby w/low miles but a leaky tank.......dibs!

Pushrod Fifty /

CT70-bolt on tank or built in?(edited)

kevin smellaflange /

1974 built in tank, steel, 3k,ct70 3 spd semi-auto

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

I would fuck with this for a couple hundred. pinholes, even some more drastic rust, wouldn't run me off.

people here are just quick to shit on things out of their own comfort/skill levels.

> terry dean Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would fuck with this for a couple hundred. pinholes, even some more

> drastic rust, wouldn't run me off.

>

> people here are just quick to shit on things out of their own

> comfort/skill levels.

Indeed, but that’s a long ways from the $950 asking price. I’ve repaired way worse tanks, but I wouldn’t touch a bike with a leaky, in-frame tank for over $200.

Afraid the tank situation will knock the price way down. Great bike though.

haha well you guys are monday morning quarterbacking a deal that already went down.

kevin smellaflange /

it was funny to watch though...

yeah funny that u think u got a good deal, post picts of tar when u chop it in half.

kevin smellaflange /

i will...but then again maybe i'll be too busy. so far the guy i got it from has helped out immensely. spare new plugs x4, spare variator after the fact.he adjusted & clean the points, maybe hookin' me up w/people who might have side covers. ''i'm as happy as a pig in shit'' & Kevin still smells to date.

kevin smellaflange /

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account