FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MO

Declan g /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Never planned on selling either of these, may decide to keep one. Funding a really neat project.

CBA.jpg

Gilera CBA/"Trend" Very Similar to a Grande with a few interesting differences. Originally pedal start single speed (have the original subframe and motor.

The Good: NOS forks (longer and beefier than Grande forks-these were hard to track down), kick start Polini Speed cases, stock CDI, 50th anniversary pinasco flywheel (have original flywheel too), mallossi variator, CNC'd aluminum racing variated clutch bell- RED (from Treatland), 46mm Pinasco, 15.15 SHA. Motor is solid, pulled from another bike that was very reliable and fun, just switched carbs and flywheel.

The not so great: newer Savas I pulled from a bravo, rear tire had been damaged by a shock bolt so it needs a new rear tire (holds air and rides, but has a gauge in the sidewall), it runs, but I never hooked up lights or kill switch, will need everything dialed in. If you run the sidecovers pictured you would need to cut a whole for the rear vario since the bike was a single speed from the factory.

*Currently has grey 4-star wheels, I have the white ones pictured available.

$1200 (I know this is a lot for a bike that still needs a little work, but it is an uncommon bike, lots of money in parts).

Gilera CB1, similar to a Grande frame, beefier forks, 4 speed manual transmission motor. Have original motor with a 60cc kit and stock cylinder that come with the bike. Motor ran great with stock motor, never had it running with the kit. Then swapped to 5 speed 125cc Gilera TG3 motor. The stock motor was fun, but was a lot of shifting with regular moped power. Looked for a 50cc 5speed Gilera engine for awhile, then stubled across the TG3 motor.

The good: Swapped to Gilera 125cc 5 speed motor (mounts the same as the stock motor slightly bulkier overall, 26mm dellorto (stock for this motor), runs, needs wiring finished. New chain, new rear sprocket. NOS seat. Foot shift, rear foot brake. Will haul ass, this is a powerful little motor.

The not so good: Tank is rusty, one pinhole leak that has been clamped off with a silicone hose for years. I had planed to run an aux. tank under the seat, but it has been fine in the past with a fuel filter(I do have a Moby 7 tank). Welded up a Vespa scooter pancake exhaust to get it all together and running-planned on a proper expansion chamber later. Have started and ran around the block, but needs wiring finished.

$1500 (same as above, rare bike, two motors, the TG3 wasn't easy to get stateside)

*I will get some pictures later.

PM for more info. I am heading to Bella Vista, AR in a few weeks, I can take it down that direction if that helps. In July I will be doing a Scooter Cannon Ball Run, depending on our SAG situation I may be able to bring this along for delivery along the route. Even without the SAG I would be able to deliver en route from St. Louis, MO to Bar Harbor ME. Not interested in any trades right now unless it involves a nice Vespa GS150/160 or SS180 project.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MOTopic by: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 10:10AM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 12:55PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 01:01PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 02:08PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 05:16PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Blake MD No PM Plz Blake MD No PM Plz 02/20/20 06:59PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 07:48PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 05:19PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/20/20 05:21PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: LSLB Lou LSLB Lou 02/20/20 11:10PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/21/20 08:57AM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/21/20 09:59AM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/22/20 03:17PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/24/20 10:04AM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 02/25/20 01:28PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 03/02/20 09:32AM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 03/06/20 12:29PM
  Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MORe: Declan g Declan g 03/16/20 11:54AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account