FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MO

Never planned on selling either of these, may decide to keep one. Funding a really neat project.

CBA.jpg

Gilera CBA/"Trend" Very Similar to a Grande with a few interesting differences. Originally pedal start single speed (have the original subframe and motor.

The Good: NOS forks (longer and beefier than Grande forks-these were hard to track down), kick start Polini Speed cases, stock CDI, 50th anniversary pinasco flywheel (have original flywheel too), mallossi variator, CNC'd aluminum racing variated clutch bell- RED (from Treatland), 46mm Pinasco, 15.15 SHA. Motor is solid, pulled from another bike that was very reliable and fun, just switched carbs and flywheel.

The not so great: newer Savas I pulled from a bravo, rear tire had been damaged by a shock bolt so it needs a new rear tire (holds air and rides, but has a gauge in the sidewall), it runs, but I never hooked up lights or kill switch, will need everything dialed in. If you run the sidecovers pictured you would need to cut a whole for the rear vario since the bike was a single speed from the factory.

*Currently has grey 4-star wheels, I have the white ones pictured available.

$1200 (I know this is a lot for a bike that still needs a little work, but it is an uncommon bike, lots of money in parts).

Gilera CB1, similar to a Grande frame, beefier forks, 4 speed manual transmission motor. Have original motor with a 60cc kit and stock cylinder that come with the bike. Motor ran great with stock motor, never had it running with the kit. Then swapped to 5 speed 125cc Gilera TG3 motor. The stock motor was fun, but was a lot of shifting with regular moped power. Looked for a 50cc 5speed Gilera engine for awhile, then stubled across the TG3 motor.

The good: Swapped to Gilera 125cc 5 speed motor (mounts the same as the stock motor slightly bulkier overall, 26mm dellorto (stock for this motor), runs, needs wiring finished. New chain, new rear sprocket. NOS seat. Foot shift, rear foot brake. Will haul ass, this is a powerful little motor.

The not so good: Tank is rusty, one pinhole leak that has been clamped off with a silicone hose for years. I had planed to run an aux. tank under the seat, but it has been fine in the past with a fuel filter(I do have a Moby 7 tank). Welded up a Vespa scooter pancake exhaust to get it all together and running-planned on a proper expansion chamber later. Have started and ran around the block, but needs wiring finished.

$1500 (same as above, rare bike, two motors, the TG3 wasn't easy to get stateside)

*I will get some pictures later.

PM for more info. I am heading to Bella Vista, AR in a few weeks, I can take it down that direction if that helps. In July I will be doing a Scooter Cannon Ball Run, depending on our SAG situation I may be able to bring this along for delivery along the route. Even without the SAG I would be able to deliver en route from St. Louis, MO to Bar Harbor ME. Not interested in any trades right now unless it involves a nice Vespa GS150/160 or SS180 project.

Re: FS: 2 Rare Gilera Mopeds (CB-1 and CBA/Trend) St. Louis. MO

Willing to negotiate partial trades, me keeping a motor and taking less cash....., but looking to generate some cash for this upcoming project.

gilera.jpg
CB1.jpg

A few pictures of CB1 that I found on my computer. This was right after mounting the TG3 motor before the exhaust chain...

Also has a new throttle assemble and cable.

The angle of the bracket that attaches to the cylinder head was modified to accommodate the slightly taller 125cc cylinder. (these brackets are available if going back to the 49cc, or the current bracket could also be cut and welded to again to accommodate the 49cc). Nothing on the frame was modified.

Rear fender is not attached right now I left it off because I was going to be swapping tires. All side covers and center covers come with the bike, they are on a shelf.

IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG

One foot rest mount was cut, repositioned and welded.

Picture of CBA with 15.15 SHA

IMG_0253.JPG

and one more of the Cb1

IMG_0248.JPG

I forget how wild that CB1 engine swap looks. Glws!! Sweet bikes.

Already having thoughts of not Selling that one. It has come together pretty nicely, just feeling that itch.

Damn I want that CB1 but don’t have the money or space, glws

I am open to reasonable offers.

First picture of the CBA is the same bike, that was before the KS motor and new forks.

I my have listed these a bit high. Both bikes run, both need wiring done for lights and kill switch. Ignition wires were just temporarily hooked up to hear them both run. I will plug away at finishing things.

I would take $900 for the CBA

$1100 for the CB1

OBO. Would like these to stay in the moped community.

Original motors and spare bits go with each bike.

Dragging home a project this weekend, need some floor space and money to kick start restoration of a 64' Vespa GL

Sorry for so many posts.

If anyone is interested in the CB1 with the stock 4 speed/49cc motor without the 60cc kit or the 125cc motor.

Or

The CBA with the stock pedal start motor (unknown condition) without the kitted kickstart motor.

I would sell either bike for less than I would otherwise. Would take a really nice V1 or V1L motor, some nice moped size fairings, or nice running stock bikes as partial trade.

Will adjust prices if anyone wants either bike with or without a motor or performance parts...

Still available

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account