WTB Puch Z50 W/ Hand Shift & Coaster Brake

Garrett Bernhagen /

Would really love to have one; let me know your price. Located in IL. Understand these aren't easy to come by but a man can dream.

Re: WTB Puch Z50 W/ Hand Shift & Coaster Brake

eBay.de

Z50 with coaster brake are super whack, I think the bike they are on are called x30. They have this little bull shit chain on the right side for the pedal start/pedal mechanism and have a super janky pulley thing for the coaster. The kickstart ones are the best and just rig up a foot brake. It’s super easy.

Garrett Bernhagen /

Thank you both for your input. Just figured the manual shift would be a fun thing to play around with. Fortunately kickstart conversions are available for E50 engines but its still missing the manual part of it... I'll keep an eye out on eBay and here on the forums over time. Not critical to own one obviously but a cool luxury.

Manual sachs 505 has everything you want, just a heads up. Not Puch but easy to work on and so much more frustrating to tune.....it's perfect.

Are you wanting just the engine and the parts to install a coaster brake or the whole bike? I have bikes. I'm in Atlanta but ship.

There are a few versions of the z50 setup.

You have the style mentioned above with the external chain setup that was common on x30 for pedal function.

You also have the kick start setup with normal foot brake.

You also have a pedal start style with NO external chain setup and coaster brakes. You just put the bike in 1st or 2nd gear and pedal to start just like any other Puch. You back pedal to use the rear brake which functions through a unique freewheel setup.

External chain setup - this bike is still here in Atlanta. There is a blue twin to this living in Michigan somewhere.

20170707_141809.jpg

No kicker or chain setup. This is just an example but I have a bike here like it.

20170707_112941.jpg

Garrett Bernhagen /

Thank you both for your input.

Blake, per your comments, and hopefully as no surprise to you, I was not at all aware there were multiple versions of this engine and overall setup. It would be nice to have a kit of parts I could swap onto my magnum or Maxi without much modification if thats possible. It looks like it uses the same mounting that a ZA50 or E50 would use, but let me know otherwise... If you have said kit of parts and are interested in selling, or can give a list of which parts I need to keep an eye out for in order to build this over time, that would be appreciated.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account