C100 exhaust

Need exhaust for 1965 Honda C100 Cub

Re: C100 exhaust

Pushrod Fifty /

See some on ebay for 140.00 shipped from Thialand, one used for the same price that is sold as two separate listings, pipe and muffler.

I need one too as my bike is really loud. Has been welded up a few times to limp it along but sooner or later I need to break down and buy one.

I just ordered one from EBay ,it comes in two pieces and was $150 with shipping,

that’s a redicules price but mine is shot too. Maybe it will be the last part I’ll ever need Ha Ha. Thanks

Pushrod Fifty /

Only things I have replaced in years was lightbulbs.

That’s great, it seems that the stock bikes hold up well. A lot of the experienced drivers recommend keeping them stock. I understand the challenge and thrill of souping them up though.These machines are very addictive and challenging, a great hobby for sure.

Pushrod Fifty /

Stock they will do 45 on the flats when tuned and with a clean carb. I put new crank bearings in mine, bored it, replaced one valve, lapped, sealed the tank and its been good for the last 15 years.

I can’t wait to take it out for a spin, ordered a muffler and a few chrome bling parts. It’s black and needs some chrome . Cleaned the carb .got a new plug and it starts the first kick .Theres a little gas dripping from the overflow pipe, is this normal ? It drips on top the motor from that little tube on the carb that looks like it’s made to have a rubber or final tube attached. Thanks

Float could be improperly adjusted or bad needle seat. Get in there with a qtip in a drill and see if the drippy stops. If not the seat should be replaceable.

Pushrod Fifty /

Take the float assembly off and remove the needle seat from the petcock plate, lap the needle to the seat. Check the float for leaks. There should be a clip on each end of the float to hold it on the needle.

I lapped the needle and seat with permatex lapping compound and it stopped the major leaking.Now it only drips out of the small overfill tube. I’ll try lapping more and try to come up with way to shorten the float travel, not sure if that c-clip will stay in position on the needle if not in the groove. Maybe a small washer under the clip will work. , if not I’m debating whether to buy the rebuild kit for $30 or a brand new original carb that needs slightly modified by filing the mounting holes for $80. What’s your opinion? Thanks again for the advice I’ll try lapping again this morning.

Pushrod Fifty /

I lapped mine and it never leaked. Did you check the float for leakage, submerged in a glass of water? How about the gasket behind the needle seat and the plastic bowl seal?

My petcock was leaking as the seal had dried up. I brought a few replacements but they werent exact. The valve was cheesy and seemed too small in diameter to turn smoothly. I took the valve out of the body and plugged the hole with an aluminum disk and gas-resist gasket. Plugged one passage, Installed a motion pro inline fuel valve.

Look out for aftermarket carb kits, the gaskets can be cut undersized and cause the float to snag, improper jet sizes, inferior materials that aren't gas-resist.

I found the problem . While looking at the parts in the carb rebuild kit I noticed a washer in the seperate bag with the needle brass valve and c- clips and knew right away what was wrong . I must have lost the washer I put another in ,put it back together and no leaks,you were right about the washer and by looking at the cut away drawing it’s easy to see why it’s so important. Thanks again

Pushrod Fifty /

Awesome. Have you checked the valve clearance? Pretty critical on these engines.

I’ve not done that yet but will in the near future. I spent several hours today cleaning and polishing.Eventtually I’ll take off the wheels and clean them and the spokes.Debating whether to add whitewall tires .I put them on a Balboa with chrome rims and it looks great . Thanks

Pushrod Fifty /

If not whitewalls, Gazelles are great classic looking tires and they hold up well. I usually go 1/4" over the stock width to get the sidewall over the rim edge. If you have the original tool kit, they came with a wrench and tappet adjuster that makes adjusting so easy.

Ill take a look at the gazelles the whitewalls May not look right on the Cub. I’ve ordered a few chrome parts and they’ll contrast good with the black color. I just charged my new battery and will check the horn and brake light today . I didn’t know the tool kit included the valve tools, it didn’t come with one but seems like their available for cheap on E bay . If I remove the Aluminum cover on the shifter side will oil pour out ? I’d like to remove it for cleaning and buffing. Thanks again for all the info

Pushrod Fifty /

The left side cover yes but not the right side. A 10mm box wrench and a small wrench for the tappet should do it, plus a .002" feeler. While you have the side cover off you can turn the flywheel to TDC for each valve.

I’ll do that today , might even check on a price for chrome plating the side cover, it’s probably outrageous though. I’m really loving this old Cub. Thanks again

Pushrod Fifty /

Just wet sand with 180 grit and clear coat. Will look awesome.

Great advice , I’ve got plenty of wet-dry sandpaper. How about the cover on the other side ? I was thinking about painting it a grey color.

Do you know where i can find a nice original headlight cover for a 62 c-100 ?

Check EBay they have a lot of parts for old Cubs, maybe a mid 60s will fit maybe someone will chime in that is knowledgeable about these bikes, Theres a lot of them on this site.

Pushrod Fifty /

Ebay or dratv.com has some Cub parts. PM them for it if not listed, they have a boneyard too. They sell the foot rubbers, they fit perfect and are so cheap. Also good for tires and the shipping isn't outrageous.

^ I was gonna say the same, dratv is great, though better for the 70cc passports. Ebay's usually good - there's a ton of parts overseas but less locally. the pipes I've used all sorts of clamp-on or welded together parts from whatever, the cheapo china pitbikes run cub clone motors so all the pipes fit, though most are high pipes or "performance" styled

Pushrod Fifty /

The headers are separate so it makes it easy to fit up a can as long as you can make a support for it. I think a reverse cone would look awesome, Lossa makes some sweet stainless ones.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account