Wtb key and switch and air box qt50

Need switch with key and air box for qt50.

Re: Wtb key and switch and air box qt50

I also need a battery box for this qt50 also

Need to specify the year to get correct ignition switch. There is one for 79-81 and a different one for 82-87. Air box doesn't care .

Thanks Bob i was not aware of that ..it shows to be a 1984 model..

Right now there's like 5 batt boxes on eeebay. 3 blue,1 red and 1 yellow. Some have the batt holder also.

Thanks again Bob ..i.need red and my wife would probably bang me on the head if i payed that price..i will just have to hold out and make do until i find a reasonable priced one ..i know i could paint one of the other colors but plastic and paint doesn't hold up well most of the time.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks again Bob ..i.need red and my wife would probably bang me on the

> head if i payed that price..i will just have to hold out and make do

> until i find a reasonable priced one ..i know i could paint one of the

> other colors but plastic and paint doesn't hold up well most of the

> time.

The red one listed is with side covers. Those side covers are gold...very hard to find. I would message the seller and ask if he would split up the set. Offer $40-50 for battery box. (edited)

My wife does not understand hard to find or it costs more because there are not many left lol..she understands ..if you don't stop spending money on these girls we will end up i the poor house ..the girls have me wraped around the fingers..the wife has the bull whip ..lol.hard to stay out of trouble sometimes

Just a thought on the airbox- they are very restrictive on letting enough air into the engine for max power. And usually expensive if you can find both halves and the filter element. For less than $15 you can get a 28-29mm cone filter with metal mesh element that clamps on carb body. And you should notice a little better top speed if all else is set-up and working properly. The only downside is that you can't use the cute side covers if you have them as they snap into the OEM airbox.

I may have these parts, will look when I get home, air cleaner is very restricted if I recall, go with the aftermarket cone type

I have a battery box on the way but still.need the switch and key ...pm me on what you have ..thanks

No key switch, sorry, must have sold it.

Thanks for looking..i think i have on located

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account