Re: Derbi Variant Sport

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Jansen Hanzer Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> who is wildcard and what happened

Long story short, i bought a Derbi Variant sport on here awhile back and had it shipped from Georgia. It was listed in a thread on here and described to me very specifically via PM as having its engine fully rebuilt and serviced, ready to ride needing nothing, with any and all broken parts replaced, "rips to 40". Pictures looked good so i paid for it and waited for it to come. What showed up was a VERY rusty variant with a badly dented rear mag, rotted tires, frayed/broken cables, a bent and barely functioning pedal mode selector shaft, cracked plastics, worn out sprockets, improperly spaced wheels, and a filthy grease caked engine that was never rebuilt, and had all the original leaky hard oil seals. I popped the cylinder off and saw that he had installed the reed block backward and the metal reed stoppers were grinding into the crank and making metal shavings. ring gap was way out of spec. Drained the tiny amount of oil that smelled like sewage and had metal flake in it. Gas tank had petrified lacquer chunks in the bottom that plugged the petcock. the bike likely sat in a horse stall for 20 years the way is smelled...

At the end of the day i payed $1200 for that bike expecting a ready to ride machine, when instead i got a machine that needed many hours, a full teardown and hundreds of dollars to even make rideable. I tried to send it back, but he refused to cover return shipping even though he clearly defrauded me intentionally, and even threatened to fly up to me and find me if i didn't drop the Paypal case....i ended up dropping it because i didn't want to chance some maniac showing up at my door, and pursuing it would have meant unintentionally putting some close friends into uncomfortable positions... so i waited like 8 months to even touch the bike because of the sour taste it left in my mouth. now its pretty much done.

I didn't tell the story because i had been documenting the rebuild showing everything wrong with the bike, with screenshots of messages...by the time i was done the iron was cool and i was mostly over it, and didnt want to reopen old wounds. But maybe ill do it anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Derbi Variant SportTopic by: Micah Wright Micah Wright 11/05/19 01:03PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Chris Squid Chris Squid 11/05/19 01:09PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Dirty30 Dillon Dirty30 Dillon 11/06/19 02:55PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 11/05/19 01:24PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Crossvalley AnthonyB Crossvalley AnthonyB 11/05/19 01:25PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang 11/05/19 02:12PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: G HANDS G HANDS 11/05/19 02:45PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Micah Wright Micah Wright 11/06/19 02:10PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Micah Wright Micah Wright 12/03/19 04:54PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: MPB Dylan MPB Dylan 11/06/19 02:25PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: RAIN V RAIN V 11/06/19 03:23PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Jansen Hanzer Jansen Hanzer 11/06/19 05:20PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 11/06/19 05:42PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 11/06/19 06:10PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 11/06/19 06:52PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 11/06/19 07:26PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 11/06/19 07:31PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Jansen Hanzer Jansen Hanzer 11/06/19 07:12PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Jansen Hanzer Jansen Hanzer 11/06/19 08:00PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 11/06/19 08:32PM
  Re: Derbi Variant SportRe: Nick Haber Nick Haber 11/06/19 08:36PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account