Moped lots in/near NYC

My friends and I are looking for 3 of the same mopeds to start a project. Does anyone know of any leads in or around NYC? Models we're thinking of are: Tomos Targa LX, Puch Magnums, but also open to other top tank 50cc bikes. Only really looking for rollers.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Moped lots in/near NYC

Dirty30 Dillon /

You need the same bike? The options mentioned above are probably the only ones you'll find in mulitples easy enough.

We've got a project magnum I'd love to see go to a good home, as well as a Malaguti Pilot Sport top tank. We also have a Puch Monza 50SL aka "Barcelona" project that is along those lines

I guess they don't have to be the same model exactly. How much are you looking for them and where are you located?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Prices vary, the project magnum is cheap, the malaguti is standard moped prices for NYC, and the Monza id probably outside of average, as it's one of maybe a handful of that model in the states

Realizing I didn't ask an important question - these are running bikes? We're looking for projects only.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Jason Chang Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Realizing I didn't ask an important question - these are running bikes?

> We're looking for projects only.

Magnum = Very Project

Malaguti = Runs, but needs minor work

Monza = Project, but still priced pretty high

I feel like a jerk recommending their names twice in an hour (I promise I’m not being paid to link it) but I saw 2nd stroke moped’s YouTube videos, and checked the website, while they’re prices are pretty steep especially for projects, it’s basically the most “official” way to purchase a moped in nyc. If you find any treasures please let the thread know!

LSLB Lou Daddy Jr. Jr. /

Second Stroke closed two weeks ago, but hey, maybe they’ve still got some stuff kicking around

> LSLB Lou Daddy Jr. Jr. Wrote:

> Second Stroke closed two weeks ago, but hey, maybe they’ve still got

> some stuff kicking around

I believe they just moved to queens. May be wrong though.

They’ve been in maspeth for a while as far as I know. They’re “closed” but they’re still in the middle of moving out and still there if you stop by.

I’m actually thinking of swinging by tomorrow at some point.

> Jason Chang Wrote:

> They’ve been in maspeth for a while as far as I know. They’re “closed”

> but they’re still in the middle of moving out and still there if you

> stop by.

>

> I’m actually thinking of swinging by tomorrow at some point.

Interesting. If you do end up coming by, do you mind asking if they’re willing to sell some of their bikes at a discount since they’re moving out? Not desperate, but it’s intriguing.

I stopped by and asked. He says to stop by. Not sure if any will be discounted but it's worth trying if you're not far.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account