Wtb Motobecane mobylette

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum, correct me if I am posting incorrecltly.

I am looking for a project-level mobylette 50v to repair and eventually ride. I live about 20 minutes from the Philadelphia area. If anyone could give me an offer/ direct me to another forum/website where I could get ahold of one that would be great.

Thanks

Re: Wtb Motobecane mobylette

I have one in columbus ohio

/

010.JPG

Bruce Zapper /

If you are in New Jersey make sure You get one with a title!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Why do you want a Moby as your first moped? You’d be better off with a Puch or Italian Moped. Unless your a glutton for punishment, I would not recommend a project motobecane as your first foray into mopeds.

Over the summer I rode for the first time a moped in Europe, a motobecane, and also helped its owner fix and tune it. I didnt know that Motobecanes could be problematic, are there any things in specific?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Motobecanes are notorious for their electrical demons and fuel delivery issues. The OEM gurtner carb can be very problematic. One thing you can do to improve its fuel delivery shortcomings, is swap out the gurtner carb with a Dellorto. But then you also have to change the intake (I think).

If you have to have one, get one that is already in A1 running shape. Buying a project Moby would be a major mistake in my opinion. All you’ll do is inherit someone else’s problem child.(edited)

Great, thanks for the advice. I have heard of the problematic gurtner carb, definetly will check if I come across a running moby.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account