Wtb Motobecane mobylette

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum, correct me if I am posting incorrecltly.

I am looking for a project-level mobylette 50v to repair and eventually ride. I live about 20 minutes from the Philadelphia area. If anyone could give me an offer/ direct me to another forum/website where I could get ahold of one that would be great.

Thanks

Re: Wtb Motobecane mobylette

I have one in columbus ohio

/

010.JPG

Bruce Zapper /

If you are in New Jersey make sure You get one with a title!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Why do you want a Moby as your first moped? You’d be better off with a Puch or Italian Moped. Unless your a glutton for punishment, I would not recommend a project motobecane as your first foray into mopeds.

Over the summer I rode for the first time a moped in Europe, a motobecane, and also helped its owner fix and tune it. I didnt know that Motobecanes could be problematic, are there any things in specific?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Motobecanes are notorious for their electrical demons and fuel delivery issues. The OEM gurtner carb can be very problematic. One thing you can do to improve its fuel delivery shortcomings, is swap out the gurtner carb with a Dellorto. But then you also have to change the intake (I think).

If you have to have one, get one that is already in A1 running shape. Buying a project Moby would be a major mistake in my opinion. All you’ll do is inherit someone else’s problem child. (edited)

Great, thanks for the advice. I have heard of the problematic gurtner carb, definetly will check if I come across a running moby.

I may have what your looking for.

I live in Chester county pa near Kennett Square. Text me

Dan

610-656-2824

thread is 7 months old

> Sam T Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Over the summer I rode for the first time a moped in Europe, a

> motobecane, and also helped its owner fix and tune it. I didnt know that

> Motobecanes could be problematic, are there any things in specific?

I would buy a running one if you can, sounds like you have some experience with the marque, so I say go for it, a 50v is the best riding moped I have ever owned, and I have had several, weak points are the horn/kill switch, the engine/pedal switch on the driven pulley, never, BUT NEVER turn it to pedal mode, since these are old they rarely go back easily, if you must pedal/push the bike push the engine back and slip the drive belt off. Make sure the tank is not rusted out, it will compromise the frame and clog your carb with crud. Replace the flexi bloc's (rubber engine mounts) as when worn vibration will be crazy and bike will not variate right. There is a lot of hate for the gurtner carb, but I have had excellent luck with them, but if you get a roached one, buy the 15 sha from treats. Read everything in the wiki here that Rebel Moby put there, that is all you will ever need to know about the marque. Mopedlar is a serious ped guru, but he dislikes the marque, had a bad experience. My first bike was a '78 50v, and it was amazing. :) Have had several since, and loved every one, my last in the pic.

102.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

I like the legshields, did you add them or did they come with the bike? I see that Dos Cycles sells them.

Haha thanks for the offer, Dan but I already have a moby. Of course when I got it the engine was seized and the carb was toast, but now it is running like a top with the SHa 15.15 carb from treats. I'll be sure to contact you if I need anything in the future

20200405_124542.jpg

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I like the legshields, did you add them or did they come with the bike?

> I see that Dos Cycles sells them.

I added them, had to have them color matched, but really made the bike stand out.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account