2 Barn Mopeds/$200

Robert Linhares /

Just spotted 2 mopeds on Craig's list this morning. Pretty rough shape.

Located in Cobleskill, New York.

00a0a_kIOBZlhXzv8_1200x900.jpg
00f0f_1fRMmfSXi45_1200x900.jpg

Re: 2 Barn Mopeds/$200

***Kim Jong illest*** /

holy shit its the 2 speed solo pulley

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

> ***Vanilla Thunder*** Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> holy shit its the 2 speed solo pulley

2 speed pulley? how does that work?

Josiah Radebaugh /
info-odyssey-zweigang-solomatic.jpg

Gawd dang! Solos are dope! Ah yes the two speed pully, would love to mess with one.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

awww man that's so cool!!!

Why cant I ever find stuff like this where I live.

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> Why cant I ever find stuff like this where I live.

And we on the east coast say the same thing when something weird shows up out there!

Smooth shifting. You almost cannot feel it

Josiah Radebaugh /

We don't get much good stuff over here either.... You'll get lucky sometime, but it's rare.

Should I go get 'em? I'm only 35 miles away. Kinda like that Motobecane.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Absolutely! Then you can give me the that there Solo ;)

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

That is not a 2-speed pulley. A 2-speed pulley looks like this

I called the guy. Waiting on call back about tank conditions. Might go Saturday. Really don't need more stuff. Somebody talk me out of it!! Or go buy them before Saturday.

I just looked at the 40/2 cover and went no further. It does look like it is the pitiful single speed solid pulley so it is a 40/1 either a replaced cover

Robert Linhares /

Guys, I'm retired, and therefore have the time to search mopeds in the greater New York area.

If my posts can result in a moped finding a new home with the possibility of someone with the energy and skills of bringing back to life one of these neglected machines, I am happy.

By the way, I am a die hard San Francisco 49er fan. You might want to watch what is going o with my team!!!

Go 49ers!

Well I just brought them home. Only spent a few minutes checking them out. Moby appears to be seized. I don't know how to tell which engine it has. Side covers missing, one chain missing. tank rusty inside but bottom is solid. Seat is good, shows 1438 miles. My first thought is part it out. Solo turns over, very clean tank inside, shows 365 miles, covers say water cooled automatic but I think it's wrong. Will get a better look in the daylight. They're just gonna sit for now as my yellow Yamahopper is more important right now. Got 'em cheap and they're saved from the junkman.

The solo's are "water cooled", there is a cavity inside the cylinder that holds coolant. The fill plug is the hex head screw by the spark plug.

Robert Linhares /

Bob, glad you found them and saved them from an unspoken fate.

kevin smellaflange /

dual variated?

> kevin smellaflange Wrote:

> dual variated?

I don't know . I have to learn some new stuff on this set-up. Been around Yamahoppers so long I haven't worked on much other small stuff. Just that Hero that I have which is just sitting right now also

That ugly Solo actually runs! Squirted some penetrating oil thru the spark plug hole to get things moving again. thought I heard a pop. Squirted some gas thru plug hole and it fired immediately. Looking at the VIN plate it does say 40/2 which matches the trim piece. But the clutch doesn't have the bolts around the circumference . With only 365 miles on the bike you'd think the engine should still be the original one. So the Odyssey of the Odyssey begins.

Start a topic in general forum about your "odyssey"

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account