FS: Rebuilt 1978 Puch Maxi w/ lots of new parts and tools

I’m selling my 1978 Puch Maxi Moped. The E50 has been completely rebuilt (seals, gaskets, etc) along with the Bing carb. I originally purchased it as a way to learn about small engine repair and to ride around town. I have put tons of work into this puppy but, alas, I no longer have time or patience to keep at it (read: dad to two amazing kids under 3yrs).

It’s fun to ride and will save you tons on gas. All the new parts were purchased through Treatland totaling $300+ and have been installed. I’ll kick in the specialty tools I’ve had to purchase too (like bearing puller and such) so you’ll be all set to keep the bike going for years to come. The speedometer reads 5,735 but might as well say 0 thanks to all the work I’ve done.

*New Parts List:*

Gold Bike Chain

Chrome Handlebars

Brake, Acceleration, and Starter Cables

Throttle

Air Box + Filter

Fuel Filter

Fuel Line

Bing Jets

Bing Carb Float Bowl + Gaskets

Bing Carb Float

E50 Engine Gaskets

E50 Engine Bearings

E50 Engine Seals

Circlips

Fork Lock and Keys

Gold Drive Chain

Seat

Heavy Duty Tire Inner Tubes

Rim Strips

Wire Harness

PLEASE NOTE: while the engine has been rebuilt and the bike put back together (aside from the new inner tubes), it is not currently running due to me not knowing squat about electrical (and, again, not having time to mess with it). ALSO: there is no title. I will happily provide you a bill of sale and give you a copy of the bill of sale I received when I bought the bike back in 2015 so that you can request one from the DMV if you desire.

Located outside Vancouver, Washington. $1,000 and I will deliver as far north as Seattle and as far south as Salem.

7BB682FF-5FAE-477E-97F0-1925827DE629.jpeg
9871A214-4816-4142-9AD2-0729A374DF4C.jpeg

Re: FS: Rebuilt 1978 Puch Maxi w/ lots of new parts and tools

A thousand dollars for a non-running stock maxi with no title?

The best of luck to you.

What do you suggest? I’m just adding up the cost of parts, tools, and the original purchase price.

Get it running and maybe $500 for a stock bike. Not running, regardless of new parts installed, maybe $300 tops? Mopeds aren't where money is made or even made back, unfortunately. Especially with a maxi, arguably the most popular and easy to find bike.

Overpriced Parts /

> Jared Bennett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What do you suggest? I’m just adding up the cost of parts, tools, and

> the original purchase price.

Wow prices went up on maxis a lot !

Full retail price for clean lo mi running bike price,

9D99EF14-20AB-4A0D-AA29-F13A0A4368FE.jpeg

Trade in price for running bike

49828FE2-1C03-40C5-B9AD-D5B559AAC5AF.jpeg

So not running with hi mileage cylinder/top-end/ rings, wheel bearings, brakes that are almost at end of service live of 6,000 mi

CFF86B72-ECC1-4E83-844C-8BED89F2030B.jpeg

Who knows how much it’s worth?

Pt Barnum said there’s one born every minute (meaning sucker)

Cat Metzenbaum /

Hi! your restoration looks totally awesome!

Did you by any wild chance end up with an extra throttle? I think the entire part is called a twist grip something or another.

Would love to buy yours, is a fair price, but we are two old coots and low on dough.

Thanks so much - Cat & AJ

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account