Feeler: WTT New Kickstart A55 for Pedal Start A55

Let me know what you got and let's work something out. Kickstart motor is practically brand new. No issues whatsoever. Looking for a similar condition pedalstart because MOped.

Thanks

Andrew(edited)

Re: Feeler: WTT New Kickstart A55 for Pedal Start A55

Ttt

i support this...bump.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You know you can just replace the side cover on the transmission side and get a sprocket for the pedal start and it fits right in I could hook you up with that it's all for an A35

> william hautenredi Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i support this...bump.

Thanks Will !

@slew can you elaborate more? All the threads I've read say its an extensive job to convert. Hence why I'm looking for a direct swap. thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The transmission gets a longer pedal shaft so you need a trans cover with the hole.

You need a pedal shaft with cranks and pedals...

A35transmission3.jpg

Ref...

a35kickstart.jpg

This remains the same...

A35transmission2.jpg

the main drive gear gets one with ramps inside case.

So it's like a total of six parts but you do have to disassemble the engine case so you might as well put in new bearings and seals and upgrade whatever you want blueprint put it back together

Thanks for all the info. If I can't find someone to trade motors I'll go that route over the winter

You'll have to change the main gear also. The pedal start one usually have teeth on the back and the kick start one doesn't.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yes Steve I mentioned that that's the main drive gear and if you're going this far replace all the roller bearings you might even want to open up that main shaft and replace the kickstarter cage so you know everything is Tip-Top that way you know everything is Tip-Top and if you blueprint why you're doing it it will last forever you could even custom make the hubs overwinter for the clutch what you do is you take an angle grinder and cut a three pin slots vertically in between the slanted stock A35 slots then you can use either shoes and if you want it to really really move you make it so they open toward their direction of spin so they get extra grip you don't really need to change the Springs unless you really really kid it out

Bump. Still interested in a trade before the winter teardown

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account