WTB Vespa Grande Plastic Side Panels.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Looking for any Plastic Covers for a Grande.

Re: WTB Vespa Grande Plastic Side Panels.

Ellak, I have a set of gray ones that are quite cracked and only have one mounting spring thing on each one. They were on a bike I bought and they actually stay on but cosmetically they are a 3 out of 10

Grandecover001.JPG
Grandecover002.JPG

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Thank you, I'm looking for a really nice set for restore. These things are getting very hard to find in good shape. Good Plastic parts for Grandes are crazy scarce. I actually found a place online in Italy last night that has Brand New Side Panels in stock for a "Vespa SI" model. "SI" Side Panels are identical to the Vespa Grande. Panels are sold in pairs one for each side of the moped and cost $38.00 a set. Total of $50.00 with shipping included fro Italy. I placed an order for a set, I then went back to see what it would cost for a set of 3 pairs? The price was still $38.00 a set. But, shipping's stayed the same price to ship all 3 sets. Now I will have 3 sets of Brand new side panels for about $130.00 total cost. I know it sounds like a lot of money? But, for Such a hard part to find Brand new, I had to jump on it. Let me know if you need the web sight? I can PM it to you?

The si subframe is a different shape from the grande/bravo subframe. It’s a little longer and round in the front.

ELLAK MOLNAR /
Submit_mop1.jpg

True, The Subframe is slightly different on the Si V/S the Grande. However, The Side Panels are the same. I'm attaching a Photo showing the Si with the side panels.(edited)

Maybe they will fit but they are definitely not the same, the si sub frame between the engine and clutch is longer and the si is rounded in the front where the grande is squared off. You can see on the grande the front engine bolts are covered on the si they are visible.(edited)

BF4828DF-3D17-4FCA-99CF-5C803B850A45.jpeg

I believe I own a pair of si covers and they don't fit grandes.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

I have a set of Si side panels on one of my Grandes for years now. They fit Perfectly.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Here is a picture of my SI cover installed on my Grande. They actually look better than the original Grande Side Panel. Also, any Bravo side cover will also fit. Bravo Covers are identical to the Grande.(edited)

IMG_0469.jpg

Kevin Bishop /

I have a set that are in excellent condition. I just saw them in my shop today.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Can you PM with the price? I'm also always looking for the Grande Top Plastic Cover? Top Plastics is extremely hard to locate in good un-cracked or un-broken condition. You almost have to purchase a Complete Grande with the hopes these original plastic parts come with it and are still in good condition.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account