Trade for mopeds, maybe.

I have a 93 yamaha tdm850. Might be interested in trading for a handful of mopeds.

The motorcycle runs beautifully. Starts up first time everytime. Converted to electric fuel pump, new grips, Bulbs, corbin seat, mirrors. Only two issues is the speedo stopped, and the rear tire needs patched. I plan to take care of the rear tire soon. It has 26k, which isnt alot for these engines. Shes a screamer, easily hits 120mph+.

Will trade fer peds. And just so its out there, no stock tomos or stock common bike is worth more than 400 to me. Im in ohio. Will deliver to the surrounding states for $$

Valued at 2k

20190629_202731.jpg
20190628_195635.jpg

Re: Trade for mopeds, maybe.

this may be a tough place for that kinda trade

imo (which means zilch since its all subjective)

I'd rather have 5 running stock Maxis/Tomoseses than 1 93 tdm w/ 26k on the clock

just me though

> ..... poop Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> this may be a tough place for that kinda trade

>

> imo (which means zilch since its all subjective)

>

> I'd rather have 5 running stock Maxis/Tomoseses than 1 93 tdm w/ 26k on

> the clock

>

> just me though

As someone with 18 bikes, I disagree. This is a very enticing offer. I have to get a few things sorted out with a few of my bikes but I may be interested in this once everything I'm trying to get rid of is running/riding right

I had figured this would be a trade for just the right person. Not expecting much, just thought i would put it out in the interwebz. This bike isnt like any other ive ridden. You sit straight up but it still feels like a sport bike. Its great for long distance riding. Especially with that corbin seat.(edited)

sorry, wasnt dissing the bike man

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Even in Ohio a nice stock tomos Is bringing $500-700 these days. Just be reasonable in your trade values.

Thats why i said they are only worth 400 to me.

26 yrs. old and 26,000 miles. No deal! Just something to get yerself killed on.

Thats such an enlightened comment.

Sometimes the truth hurts,Mike.

Yea. Its hurts so bad. Im going to need counseling.

"No deal! Just something to get yerself

killed on."

you ride mopeds, don

Yes, at a good safe speed, I might add.

One can die just as easily at 30mph as you can at 60, a Japanese motorcycle with proper maintenance will easily see 50k plus, no worries there, that is the right deal for the right person, I would ride that machine anywhere. Don't be a hater. +1 for the Corbin!

Stephen said:` One can die just as easily at 30mph as you can at 60.' End quote.

Wrecking or hitting something at 60 instead of 30 will hit like ten times harder into whatever,Stephen. Look it up! That's why on mopeds the REAR VIEW mirror is the most important piece of equipment,along with great lights.

Of course it will, but either speed can crack your skull. You can wreck a motorcycle at 30 or be hit by a car etc etc. I do agree about mirrors, so vital, and you see so many mopeds without, never seen on-road motorcycle without mirrors. Motorcycles have better lights than most mopeds even dream about. Bike is "only" 26 yrs old, our mopeds are 40+ yrs old. I'll take my odds with the 26 yr old bike, even though my mopeds are very reliable. It's all in the maintenance, and this bike is clearly loved. No need to cut it down is all I'm saying.

I disagree. Mopeding is safer in my book. But we're only as safe as we ride.

Flying is more safe then driving but they don’t allow “amateurs” the work on or fly airplanes, there is way less airplanes in the sky vs cars / other stuff on the road and airplanes fly without stopping often and they have a guy in a box watching air traffic for them.

If they only allowed professionals to ride on the road with bikes serviced only by professionals and all the traffic was other motor bikes. It would be pretty safe but I could only imagine how safe this would be with cars only.

Imagine if we all walked instead!

Can't do no wheelie.

Bump. Offer is still valid. This post went off the rails a bit. Lol.

Bump

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account