1983(4) Puch Dart for parts/repair

Hi,

I have a decent condition, built in 1983 in Austria, Puch Dart 2.0hp that could be fixed up or repaired. I've never gotten around to it and never will. Includes both side panels, and the splash panel in front of the engine. Missing headlight.

Located in maryland now, but may move it to NJ.

thanks,

g

IMG_0276-11-08-19-05-22.JPG
IMG_0277-11-08-19-05-22.JPG
IMG_0278-11-08-19-05-22.JPG

Re: 1983(4) Puch Dart for parts/repair

How much would you have to have for the motor?

***Kim Jong Uno*** /

that motor is more than you realize. it has a specialized clutch and starting mechanism that was only ever put on the dart/mini maxi. it has an angle port exhaust that is unique to it as well and literally no other pipe will bolt up to it and go on another puch.

leave it on there. someone here will buy this bike and appreciate it for what it is.

I realize what this is, I have a mini maxi that I could use a spare engine for.

I do agree this should ideally go as a whole but if it ends up getting parted I would want the motor, if the price is right.(edited)

I appreciate all the interest in parts, but for now, I am giving preference to anyone that wants the moped intact. I would prefer not to part this out unless it looks like that is the only way to make use of it.

thanks!

What’s your price on the bike? I’m not too far from you and could potentially pickup.

Here are some more pics.

IMG_0281-11-08-19-05-22.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0280-11-08-19-05-22.JPG

Someone needs to save that ped.

need a price! willing to drive for it....i need a third one in my life!

sup. im in Maryland,, pm'd

***Kim Jong Uno*** /

i see the tank is pulled...now for the 64,000 dollar question...do you have the petcock thats impossible to find?

Just an update. I never heard back from my original interested buyer, then got preoccupied with other stuff, so never followed up. Anyway, FYI to any interested parties, the moped is now in central NJ.

Can we get a price?

I had originally been asking $200.

I think the petcock is still attached here, no?

20191011_180007824_iOS.jpg

i would 1000% buy this and try to restore it if you were on the west coast :(

Thanks everyone for your interest. The moped has found a new home, and hopefully will be back up and running soon. If not, the buyer will be here to part it out most likely. :) Stay tuned...

Dan O'Connor /

Greetings, I purchased this from Geoff tonight and am happy to join this forum. Thanks Geoff!

This looks really complete and original. Right now, I only see a few missing attaching hardware for the kick plate and side panels and the gas hold-down clamp and the front lens cover. Hopefully, those aren't troublesome to replace. I'll try to start it in the next days and give it a new life.

dart.jpg

Dan O'Connor /

Hey guys, anybody know what spark plug I should use? the mini max manual I received with it says the 2 hp version takes a bosch W7C. I can't find that easily anywhere. Is there a readily available cross-reference plug I can find at napa or autozone? thanks in advance.

***Kim Jong Uno*** /

What's a "google"

Screenshot_2019-10-12-20-25-26.png

Dan O'Connor /

Local auto zone doesn't carry any of those. Already tried that page and they pulled the cross-reference as well. Online only. thanks anyway.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account