HELP! I want to sell a vintage Montgomery-Ward moped - Purchased new Aug 1966.

Kimberly Hinton /

Obviously, it does not run. How can I find out it's value (if any)? Thank you for any information.

Moped.JPG
Manual Moped.JPG

Re: HELP! I want to sell a vintage Montgomery-Ward moped - Purchased new Aug 1966.

kevin smellaflange /

Rebel Moby

Re: HELP! I want to sell a vintage Montgomery-Ward moped - Purchased new Aug 1966.

Here are a few links that may give you a value comparison and maybe also a few bits of additional information about your moped

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4(edited)

John Konstantine /

Those links have a good amount of information for the value of a completely restored/running Wards Riverside 150D/250D. It looks as though her moped has sat unused for a long time & could need a fair amount of work to get it running again. From the picture of her moped, it appears that there could be leaks from engine, carb, or petcock. She should check to see if the moped motor turns over or if it is seized due to corrosion (piston/bearings etc). The engine parts on that Benelli engine on the 250D are not easy to obtain.(edited)

I have one. They have no significant value. I know where there is a NOS 250D with zero miles, in mint condition, available for $1500.

They are just another dumb, mass produced moped.

That is just too cool. Shame it's so far away from me.

Riverside Wards sold a LOT of those rebadged Benelli mopeds from 1965-1970 in the USA. Some have filtered into CanadaLand. I do not know the value of those bikes in NC, however, depending on how it was stored it may need a fair bit of work to replace all of the seals on the engine. Rubber does not last forever unfortunately.

Provenance on the bike though is a benefit so that would add some worth, plus the original manuals (maybe old bill of sale? and such?)

Nice bike none the less

> kevin smellaflange Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Rebel Moby

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account