Want to buy a bike in LA / OC

Shane Antisocialite /

Kind of looking for something a bit different... Peugot TSM or Derbi would be nice... Honda MB50... old French stuff... not too interested in Maxis/Free Spirits etc unless you’ve got a noce one for a good price.

Basically I just moved here from Chicago but didn’t bring any mopeds with me and I’d like to start riding again. I have a crazy ass 70mph Gila Magnum MKII and have done so many Puchs and Tomii...

Ooh a variated Hobbit would be cool!

I’m 250lbs and there are hills here so.. you get the idea.

Also, if anyone in LA wants to ride I am so down... I used to have a big group in the NW Indiana area called the Antisocialites, I know MLM and some of the KZOO people.

Have ass, will plop on seat.

I also have my Monster 797 out here and ride constantly if anyone has full sized motorcycle stuff going on.

Halp plz(edited)

Re: Want to buy a bike in LA / OC

Where exactly are you located? Im in south OC, so if your close Im down to ride. Chris Hernandez of the Woolly Bullies said he was going to sell quite a bit of moped stuff, hes located in LA.

Shane Antisocialite /

Ah damn, I live in DTLA but I work in Santa Ana so I’m out there to pick stuff up but I could only ride peds in LA city really. I commute on my motorcycle so I am in OC on a bike usually but... the wrong kind ha

Hey Shane! Follow @mopedworkshopLA, @thegaskettes, @woollybullies, and @loschupacabras_mpc_l.a._ on instagram for local meetup and hang info. We do a moped shop class near DTLA once a month which is a great place to have a beer or coffee and meet local riders. Also the shop is a great asset if you live in DTLA but don't have a garage!

Oh yeah and if you're on the FB you can find some pretty good bikes on SoCal Moped Buy/Sell(edited)

Shane Antisocialite /

Rad thanks, following all! Thanks for the fb page rec too. I’ll def stop through the next workshop thingy.

I’m also sort of on the fence about shipping my Magnum out here... I live in an apartment and don’t really know how to store a ped other than park it in my space in the public garage and hope no one steals it... I have a lot of memories on that turd and it would kill me if it got stolen. Plus it’s geared for top speed in the flat midwest. So many logistics and decisions to worry about.

Where does everyone get these 70mph mopeds?

Shane Antisocialite /

Its a massively hogged out e50 case full of good parts with a ported gila that seemed to get faster every time it seized and loosened up, custom intake for a bigass dirtbike Mikuni, Devin from MLM made me a custom one off pipe for it, a big front sprocket, I live in a flat place, inflate skinny slick tires to be rocks, put a light friend on it on a cool day and turn on the GPS lol. With my 250 lbs and my knobby street tires it only hits low 60s but it’s a fun bike.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread