WTB: Variated Solo Variator, Bearing

I am in need of a bearing for Solo variators (the one on which the belt comes to rest), and/or a complete variator hub. Please do not DM. send replies to portcitypeds@gmail.com

this part(s), here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz8JsDuHLOh/

Re: WTB: Variated Solo Variator, Bearing

Help put a happy Solo back on the road!@

Does your engine look like this?

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4258523

You know it does!

I emailed ya at your mopedarmy.com address. Let me know if there's a better way to get in touch.

Its a pretty standard bearing. I got mine on Amazon

cool. Couldn't get the spec, as I'm not able to (easily) remove the bearing and there are no numbers. do you recall the specification?

also, the hub is partly damaged, and may want to replace the whole thing anyway.

Variated solo? What wizardry is this. I thought that they were all single speed...

Huh, sounds like fun.

eh, they're ok.

the clutches kinda suck, tend to find myself in this position a lot.

have another one coming into the shop today, too, that is in much worse condition than the one I am working on now.

the idea is kinda cool, when the variator opens all the way (low gear) the belt comes to rest on a bearing on which it glides,... this is neutral. when you rev up, the variator closes up (higher gear) just like a motobecane or anything else, but that acts as your clutch too. the idea is nice, but really the bearings seize all the time, and you still sometimes get belt friction against the pulley cheeks at an idle which of course tends to make the engine stall out.

Ahh, works like one of the aftermarket French variators with clutch function.

Still think I'd be fun to screw around with porting n such. I know that they are case inducted, are thre reeds?

right!

mm i don't know actually. Don't care to find out either... not pullin parts unless I have to.

bump..

hey Stephen Simmons... still got a line on parts?

I have a complete engine minus the air filter. I just looked at it and the ignition looks good, when turning the engine by hand the compression feels good and the variator cheek moves smoothly. I had no idea this thing was variated or if there was such a thing! I was asking $50 plus shipping but I'm trying to get to Nashville rally next weekend (and it's variated) so $75 plus shipping? I probably should keep it but I've had it for YEARS and this is the first time I have really looked at it.....

IMG_20190727_062629.jpg
IMG_20190727_062700.jpg

Lets do $65 plus ship - I cannot be solely responsible for your rally habits!

Wait wait wait...are all solos variated? I'm gonna need to get one of these damn things...

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wait wait wait...are all solos variated? I'm gonna need to get one of

> these damn things...

Nope. You probably won't find one either.

Deal?

It has to come off no matter what, it is a part that needs pretty regualr service and it takes all of 30 seconds to get it all taken apart. What do you mean not pulling parts if you dont have to? You're a hack if you cant pull the variator bearing and read the code etched on the side. Good luck.

thanks for the abuse bro. totally called for.

> Steve Pamboukes Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Deal?

I guess so

ok. Can I paypal you money somewhere? You can message me by email if thats easier... I just lost track of ya by email.

-Steve

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account