Re: FS Magnum ohio

What makes the Magnum so desirable any way? Just because it's a top tank or a Puch, or a top tank Puch? I drove to Buffalo last summer and bought a running top tank Safari MT300 for $325. It needs tires, tubes, petcock, fuel line, fuel filter, a headlight lens, and a rebuild, so another $230 in parts plus labor. If I decide to sell it after the parts and labor, I'll need $700 to break even because I'll have someone else do the rebuild. If I include gas and tolls to Buffalo and 2 trips to Detroit, I'm looking at another $150. Is my rebuilt Safari gonna fetch $850 for me to break even or is everyone gonna bitch that I'm an a flipper? (edited)

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Beach Club Nick /

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What makes the Magnum so desirable any way? Just because it's a top

> tank or a Puch, or a top tank Puch? I drove to Buffalo last summer and

> bought a running top tank Safari MT300 for $325. It needs tires, tubes,

> petcock, fuel line, fuel filter, a headlight lens, and a rebuild, so

> another $230 in parts plus labor. If I decide to sell it after the

> parts and labor, I'll need $700 to break even because I'll have someone

> else do the rebuild. If I include gas and tolls to Buffalo and 2 trips

> to Detroit, I'm looking at another $150. Is my rebuilt Safari gonna

> fetch $850 for me to break even or is everyone gonna bitch that I'm an a

> flipper?

A rebuilt safari is worth at least $850. This is not a rebuilt bike, it's not even close to running and missing critical components. That's where the backlash from people is coming from. Just because it's a magnum doesn't mean it's worth $850 not running missing a bunch of parts. If you spend time and money on something and price accordingly, it's not flipping.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Toledo Riot Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > No, you sold those at reasonable prices to other good members, however

>

> > turning a huge profit with no work is ripping people off, which makes

>

> > you a flipper, see the difference?

>

> >

>

> > This is a small community, keeping the market appropriate benefits

>

> > everyone, ostracizing yourself, well maybe thats good for the

> community

>

> > to, because we dont need pieces of shit like this in here

>

> Avery isn't a bad guy, I've bought stuff from him/met him before. I went

> to pick up a Puch seat from him, and he wound up throwing in some things

> I needed like a kickstand and oem mirror for free after we got to

> talking about my project. Just because he's trying to get more than

> something is worth doesn't necessarily make him a bad person.

Ill take your word for it Nick, hopefully he learns from this

Re: FS Magnum ohio

In the past year I have seen a Denny's Cycles in Zanesville (150 miles from me) Magnum in worse condition for $350, and a running Magnum with clutch issues in Meadville, PA (70 miles from me) for $400, plus the POS I bought 5 miles away in Middlefield for $20. Everyone's complaining about Avery's price but nobody is saying what he ought to charge for what's there. What do you think it's worth given what's in the picture?

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Because nobody wants to say it...The parts on this bike out way what the community would consider a reasonable price for a project magnum. A red xk tank just listed here for 200 and sold in a few days. I don't see 800 as a bad price. I have paid 500-600 for worse magnums then this more then once. (edited)

Re: FS Magnum ohio

That's what I'm thinking. Rims are $100 apiece, tank is $200, tail light $50, trunk $50, frame $150, engine as is $150, so there's your $800 parted out, plus the cost to ship or drive.

Long time moped guys want the bargain basement price and newbies will settle for the higher price cuz they "just gotta have it"

That's why/how I've paid as much as $700 for my second Motron cuz I had to have it and as little as $75 for the same color bike a few months later cuz I knew better by then. Avery's bike will sell for what the market will bear or he will part it out.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

My opinion: It's a shitty deal for moped folks. there are probably people who would pay that however. nothing wrong with trying to shoot for the moon. I sold a magnum for a grand once, felt like a dick doing it, and it was rebuild and kitted with roller crank and complete and running and I still felt like I overcharged a lot. but people pay a lot for magnums. that's not really the seller's fault tho

is it a good deal? fuck no. is someone out there dumb enough to pay it? probably. I think why it's just frustrating to so many of us tho, is like when we're trying to get rid of a running bike with lots of effort in it and can't get 600, to see someone overvaluing such a complete lack of effort, it can feel like an insult

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That's what I'm thinking. Rims are $100 apiece, tank is $200, tail

> light $50, trunk $50, frame $150, engine as is $150, so there's your

> $800 parted out, plus the cost to ship or drive.

>

> Long time moped guys want the bargain basement price and newbies will

> settle for the higher price cuz they "just gotta have it"

>

> That's why/how I've paid as much as $700 for my second Motron cuz I had

> to have it and as little as $75 for the same color bike a few months

> later cuz I knew better by then. Avery's bike will sell for what the

> market will bear or he will part it out.

Trent you have other people build your bikes, you cant wrench, so stop acting like you understand the values here

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Trent you have other people build your bikes, you cant wrench, so stop

> acting like you understand the values here

snaaaaaap. i mean what other way could you value a tail light at $50 LOL! what a maroon.

heres 3 example magnums i sold recently all for $800 or under. as you can see, all are complete, running, and absolutely bursting at the seams with new parts, like tires, cables, petcocks, etc, as well as a handful of go fast parts like kits pipes and carbs.

so i guess what im saying is, if you ever find yourself in the position of wanting to spend $800 for a magnum, come down to goshen, the home of affordable magnums. ive sold 22 magnums in the last 3 years and if you use the secret passphrase "AVERY SENT ME" ill send you home with a crypt swag pack as a bonus.

say NO to flippers who crash the community economy, say YES to affordable magnums.

20161019_172405.jpg
21733602_520939681586606_912147541_o.jpg
21993056_526341707713070_3006361961844846134_o.jpg

Re: FS Magnum ohio

If your so educated on the market, selling 22 magnums etc.. I get it, your the man..So what is your point then? Is it to label me an asshole just to promote your business and or ideas? I guess you can see why I don't give a shit about the moped community... (edited)

Re: FS Magnum ohio

And also, You have a business jerk. Your comparing my personal economics to yours when we are in two completely different situations. I am a just an individual hobbyist. I am sure all things considered, you make more $$ in mopeds then I do.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

FUCK YOU

Re: FS Magnum ohio

I don't screw with the bottom ends because I don't want to mess them up.

Is "wrenching" only specific to the engine?

I've cleaned and rebuilt carbs, changed tires and tubes, greased wheel and fork bearings, swapped handlebars, forks, swing arms, sprockets, shocks, hand controls, cables, swapped out the top end, pistons, and rings a few times, broke loose 3 frozen motors in the last year, replaced half of my bike when some drunk hit and ran me, and have bought enough parts on ebay to have a good enough idea what things cost.

If you don't like Avery's price, don't buy from him.

Given what I hear and read, a lot of so called wrenchers on here don't wrench very well either. I've never had a soft or hard seize while RIDING on any of my bikes.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

This is the one that came with Motrons, and I pulled the exact same one off that $20 Magnum.

Ok, so it's alternately priced $5 less than I guessed, but add in shipping and a $3 ceramic resistor and there's your $50 plus. Sure, you can buy the cheaper one for $25, and I did once, but the one I got, the innards fell apart, I had to alter the connections, and I had to solder and caulk in the resistor.

But I don't wrench and I don't know what I'm talking about...

Screenshot_2019-06-28-15-29-59.png

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Man this thread just keeps giving!

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Avery M. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> FUCK YOU

hang in there man.....i do like the cut of your jib.....your responses spoken most eloquently.....this place was, and is getting so much better now that all the self proclaimed wrenches' bashing happens on faceplace......you want a shit show thats the place to be......as a collector/preserver of these stupid toys. over 13 years of getting back into mopeds avery has had a shit ton of parts i really could have used in my preservation efforts, however i've never bought anything from avery, and he's close to me......soooo there you go..............gangs/clubs in my observation are most detrimental in destroying mopeds. how is that effecting the so called moped community...who is the moped community. i'm part of it you just don't know it, and that is ok....if you want to find me on Saturday. the wife and i will be riding to the Levitt in dayton 30mile round trip. the entertainment will be a sly and family stone tribute band. Levitt is free, as in freedom......equality people, use it, be it. some of the comments on this thread are a huge step backwards........ (edited)

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I don't screw with the bottom ends because I don't want to mess them up.

>

> Is "wrenching" only specific to the engine?

>

> I've cleaned and rebuilt carbs, changed tires and tubes, greased wheel

> and fork bearings, swapped handlebars, forks, swing arms, sprockets,

> shocks, hand controls, cables, swapped out the top end, pistons, and

> rings a few times, broke loose 3 frozen motors in the last year,

> replaced half of my bike when some drunk hit and ran me, and have bought

> enough parts on ebay to have a good enough idea what things cost.

>

> If you don't like Avery's price, don't buy from him.

>

> Given what I hear and read, a lot of so called wrenchers on here don't

> wrench very well either. I've never had a soft or hard seize while

> RIDING on any of my bikes.

you dont tune or build your own motors, so your little brag means nothing, sorry dude ur done here

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Avery M. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> And also, You have a business jerk. Your comparing my personal economics

> to yours when we are in two completely different situations. I am a just

> an individual hobbyist. I am sure all things considered, you make more

> $$ in mopeds then I do.

If I priced things the way you do, I'd be out of business. You tell me what's better for the community/hobbyist, affordable, accessibly priced running mopeds or over priced hacked up projects? How is this a debate. You don't have a leg to stand on here. You're a hack, a butcher, and and over priced flipper, it's all you are. You hide behind your mother's Facebook profile and dwell in her basement picking apart the corpses of bikes youve nabbed like some kind of ghoul. Get a real job and leave the mopeds to the people that can put a sprocket on the right way.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Guess you told me!

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> In the past year I have seen a Denny's Cycles in Zanesville (150 miles

> from me) Magnum in worse condition for $350, and a running Magnum with

> clutch issues in Meadville, PA (70 miles from me) for $400, plus the POS

> I bought 5 miles away in Middlefield for $20. Everyone's complaining

> about Avery's price but nobody is saying what he ought to charge for

> what's there. What do you think it's worth given what's in the picture?

lets start here.

Capture.JPG

Re: FS Magnum ohio

So its 50 posts later and this thread could have ended with, "Hey, I think that bike is overpriced by $450."

Looks like we're all a bunch of assholes.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So its 50 posts later and this thread could have ended with, "Hey, I

> think that bike is overpriced by $450."

>

> Looks like we're all a bunch of assholes.

51 post later and I'm still wondering who is this asshole

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Vincenzo Pipino /

50+ posts later and a second thread w more posts to add on and the only assholes I can see are the folk from this so called “community” talking shit and being rude af and being abhorrent!

If you guys really want to talk shit about something, let’s talk shit about the the moped shops that charge 1200....I’m sorry 1150 to replace a stock crank on an a av7, or just about 900 to replace an av7 stock exhaust (which didn’t need to be replaced and actually stripped the jug) and didn’t even add in the crush gasket! Or let’s talk about the mentality ill moped people that make up stories and lies about people just because of jealousy and hate!

I don’t even know this avery guy but all I can tell is that he posted up a project for a price, a bike that the so called “community” has labeled as a hot commodity and if he were to part it out, it would get its asking price. He didn’t talk shit until after tons of insults and it was merely to defend himself which he doesn’t have to do, especially to petty as people who have nothing better to do.

Why can’t people just leave a thread alone or better yet, go hide behind a computer and talk shit in private FB groups, since they’re too afraid to do it in the presence of the person themselves.... but that wont happen because they’re cowards!

Avery- if your shit doesn’t sell, maybe wait it out, finish the project and up the price, lower the price on it if you want, part it out on ebay for even crazier prices since that seems to be ok, melt that shit down into a sex toy, idgaf....at the end of the day, it’s your property and wether I agree w your price or not, guess what, I don’t give to tails about it because it doesn’t interest me but what really interests me is why there are so many hateful people in this so called community? For f’s sake, stop being shitty people, move the fuck on if you don't like something or get in contact with people directly and I bet there will be a better outcome!

Re: FS Magnum ohio

yeah, thats why no one has ever seen me irl talking shit before.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

im looking for a magnum in LA, and there is a gent out in the valley selling a non-running - bad tank - bad carb - bad back wheel mkII for 1700 with snowflakes

fwiw

Re: FS Magnum ohio

🎨🏆 Duncan /

A non running magnum XK just sold in Cincy for 1100. It was complete and had new tires, but I’m just saying. The market is fucked if you’re trying to buy, that’s for sure.

Hey Avery that looks like my old seat. Done with it already huh? *tear*

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Fuck this was a juicy thread on a lunch break.

Re: FS Magnum ohio

The thread that keeps on giving! I didn't read it on my lunch break tho I read it this morning while eating breakfast (edited)

Re: FS Magnum ohio

Heres avery pretending to be an elderly woman on facebook. He messaged me a few months back asking me if I would sell him a rebuilt e50 because he doesn't know how or where to get parts. So either avery uses this elderly woman's profile (his mother who he still lives with I assume) so garner some kind of innocence to fool people into giving him deals OR he really is such a vampire leech on the Ohio moped community that he really has no idea how to rebuild the world's easiest moped motor. Either way is pretty damn funny.

Screenshot_2019-07-04-16-15-48.png
Screenshot_2019-07-04-16-16-51.png

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account