1978 jc penny pinto2

Selling a 1978 jc penny pinto2 for $1200. Runs great and in awesome shape. NO problems! Gets 100 miles to the tank!

8200D566-E04D-4634-9981-067A61FBFD11.jpeg
80CD7515-7FBA-48EA-A317-8665ED28CF1E.jpeg

Re: 1978 jc penny pinto2

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Cut that price in half and then maybe you’ll be taken seriously.

William Reynolds /

Everything stock?

Overpriced Parts /

Where are these nut cases getting their prices from ?

when you buy a car or any vehicle you go to KBB

when you buy a house you get it appraised from a realtor

these people are pulling prices out of their behind/ass

Here is the KBB price range:

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/jcpenney/pinto/1978/?categoryname=moped&pricetype=retail

5B5830FF-AF3D-4B77-9CC2-65A97CECF43D.jpeg
2CC40C72-BA1D-4925-BAC5-EBAD52191772.png

Message to: Christine Lowery

Its obvious you don't have much experience with pricing mopeds, or have been on this website researching it much (currently 2 posts). This being stated, there is a measure of ignorance involved in the price. No real big deal to some on here, they just move on. To me a nice example like yours (41 yrs old) is not easy to find & is worth considering, but look at taking offers a few hundo less.

As for Ken Roff, I'm sorry & would like to apologize as to his reference of "Where are these nut cases getting their prices from ? these people are pulling prices out of their behind/ass"

He is the true "BEHIND/ASS" here. He's an old Curmudgeon and lacks any Couth.

Re: 1978 jc penny pinto

Overpriced Parts /

Four years ago splatter! you were complaining about the butcher of Belvedere! now you’re complaining about me! I forgot in 30 seconds what you’ll ever know about a puch moped of any kind, even if one falls out of the Sky and bashes you in the head“

if any of these people paid these top buck prices for a substandard bike they deserve what they get!

They and you know nothing about anything 2t wise, I mean 3-4 years of moped experience compared to a lifetime of 100-120 puch mopeds! Not to mention other brands of mopeds and dozens of two cycle enduro bikes as well as dozens of 2-4 cylinder 2t street bikes street bikes,

Buy 10 pintos or more, sell them and let me know how how much money you make on them nowadays Ha ha !

There is no money in Moped‘s it’s a DIY adventure,

I built my fleet from just a few mopeds, selling parts I got from the junkyard here on Moped army, never had to sell anything and Flea bay or craigslist! And never will!

These greedy evil people who are trying to get 10 times the price for a bike then what it’s worth will never sell them,

What things go for on eBay price wise doesn’t mean what they actually sell for!

You really can't come onto an enthusiast website, set an insane price and expect us to not be offended by it. If that's a $1200 bike then I can afford to buy a house with my bikes as collateral.

You can if you don't know, how else do you learn, but there are nicer ways to help people learn than ranting at them. There are also different market segments than the people on this site, there are people who would buy that bike for that price just to display it in their garage, and never bat an eye at the cost. Doesn't hurt to remember that. Lighten up everyone.

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Four years ago splatter! you were complaining about the butcher of

> Belvedere! now you’re complaining about me! I forgot in 30 seconds what

> you’ll ever know about a puch moped of any kind, even if one falls out

> of the Sky and bashes you in the head“

>

> if any of these people paid these top buck prices for a substandard bike

> they deserve what they get!

>

> They and you know nothing about anything 2t wise, I mean 3-4 years of

> moped experience compared to a lifetime of 100-120 puch mopeds! Not to

> mention other brands of mopeds and dozens of two cycle enduro bikes as

> well as dozens of 2-4 cylinder 2t street bikes street bikes,

>

> Buy 10 pintos or more, sell them and let me know how how much money

> y you make on them nowadays Ha ha !

>

> There is no money in Moped‘s it’s a DIY adventure,

>

> I built my fleet from just a few mopeds, selling parts I got from the

> e junkyard here on Moped army, never had to sell anything and Flea bay

> or craigslist! And never will!

>

> These greedy evil people who are trying to get 10 times the price for a

> a bike then what it’s worth will never sell them,

>

> What things go for on eBay price wise doesn’t mean what they actually

> y sell for!

As usual Ken, you've completely missed the point. I made my point clear & you just don't get it...

You are more pissed off everyday.

Ask you're Dr. for new medication

Ken needs a lesson in "Comprehension"

Or some lorazepam...

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah you guys are right!

Everyday watching more and more people destroy the hobby with high greedy bike prices and my severe insomnia (sleeping 2 to 3 hours a day if I’m lucky) is making things worse! Both seem to hit at the same time, I’m going to try to limit being on here, lookin on cragslist and eBay, it’s not relaxing anymore, I don’t think I’m gonna be able to stop the influx of the greediness anymore no matter what I say,

Richard Eberline /

Its a nice clean moped, close up pictures tell the real story. The Pinto is stock, the price is to high. The Pinto was cleaned and detailed for this picture. This doesn't increase the value.

Cristian Alvarez /

Would you take 300?

Angry Hipster /

This is not a good price (edited)

One was listed on Craigslist in Sacramento for $2500 a few months ago, Some people really think there stuff is all that.

Chris Ketterer /

I sold a real nice one in Ohio a red one for 800 bucks about two or so years ago I feel it matters condition and where you are located mine was also kitted had a bigger carb and a performance Exhaust mat want to come down a bit nice bike though good luck with the sale

My take: Super nice looking moped. A moped that is desirable to many. OP wants as much as can be had out of it. OP can ask anything she wants for it and am assuming she’s probably thinking of take a bit less for it. OP sure as fuck picked the wrong forum to exercise the previous two viewpoints. OP will get frustrated with the trolling and negative feedback received from the post here as well as other venues over the coming months as the whole endeavor becomes an exercise in increasingly wasted time and abusive responses. OP will then sell moped for a minute fraction of original asking price - or - repeats this failing enterprise again and again and again.

That is mopeds. Time to move on.

Angry Hipster /

Schmiddy is right and reading the trolling and negative feedback is fun!

We all Win (Except for the price gougers)

The trolling effectively kills any chance of anyone with self respect to buy the bike for the stupid inflated price. Which hopefully buys them some time to find a much better deal.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account