For sale, MN. 1977 Motobecane 50v

Very nice bike, would say an 8 out of 10, see ad on Mpls craigslist under moped for details, asking $875.00 obo, trades considered up or down, will not ship, or part out. Titled plated. Runs rides, needs a bit but not much. If you are willing to do the repairs I listed in the ad, I will hapily pay you and keep it, I just know I will never get to it, and don't have the correct tools and time or space. extra wiggle room on price for MA people. I don't know how to link the ad, if someone wants to go ahead. Thanks for looking.

Re: For sale, MN. 1977 Motobecane 50v

Frenchie bikes are you beautiful.

i have wanted this exact setup for years...red 50v with legsheilds,,,,glws so jealous

Stephen Keller /

Thanks for the kind words, never seen red shields before, mine were orange, had them painted. I don't really want to sell....but it just sits around...it should be used.

Bump.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

What a beautiful motobecane.

Stephen Keller /

^Thank you very much! I got very lucky with this bike, it was bought new by og owner, used it on an rv for campground rides, sold rv, bike languished in a garage, always inside, was brought to a local motorcycle shop to get running, they would not touch it, og owner did not come back for it. Shop put it out with the scrap metal which is where I found it, bought it for very cheap, chain was rusted solid, freed that up, with help from my dad dumped the old fuel, put in fresh pre-mix, she fired and ran! Had it detailed at Sundaymorning motors.com, got new tires a few yrs ago. It is a thing of beauty. Lights are f-ed up, but when they worked were like a motorcycle, actually shown a light cone on the road. After a "service" found the ground strap gone....bahhh! I LOVE this machine, but I can't afford her, I want her to go where she will be appreciated. I also have to carry my mopeds up a flight and a half of stairs every winter, and my advancing age makes this more difficult every year. Somebody please buy her and love her. :)

Josiah Radebaugh /

I absolutely love those leg gaurds!!! If I had some I'd probably never part with my sad little Moby in progress...

Don't sell it. You'll make $850 which will be gone in a weekend and you'll be left with nothing.

kevin smellaflange /

don't sell it...look at China bikes they are more money w/less value....

the small money your asking will be gone...your car will know you got this money & break to the tune of $999.88 & will have no french ride... but if you don't sell it your car will never know ...don't sell it....just sayin'

Stephen Keller /

> Jose Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don't sell it. You'll make $850 which will be gone in a weekend and

> you'll be left with nothing.

Lol, I don't party like that anymore! ;)

Stephen Keller /

A few more pics

093.jpg

Stephen Keller /

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I absolutely love those leg gaurds!!! If I had some I'd probably never

> part with my sad little Moby in progress...

They are avail, Sundaymorning had a set I think in yellow? Not sure if they had the mounting hardware though, worth a look if you want them, they can obviously be painted to match your bike.

Did you by chance pick this up at an auction north of Twin Cities some place 1-2 years ago?

Stephen Keller /

No, had it over 10 yrs

Stephen Keller /

Bump.

Stephen Keller /

Bump

Stephen Keller /

Sold, went to a good home. Thanks for the kind comments and to those who Pm'ed interest.

kevin smellaflange /

thumbzzzup!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account