WTB Non-running QT 50

Looking for my next QT project. Should be mostly complete, not running is best cuz I rebuild these. needs GOOD VIN TAG, within 250 miles of Albany NY. Paint not important as it is going to end up orange. Been watching CL .nothing.

Re: WTB Non-running QT 50

Angry Hipster /

Since you rebuild these I have to ask what's all involved in replacing crank seals on these bikes?

Thomas- It's actually pretty easy. You'll have buy a threaded magneto/flywheel puller. ($10 Amazon, 27mm on mine). Then Impact screwdriver for timing/stator plate JIS type screws. (They strip their slots easy don't use regular screwdriver). Then just screw a small self-tapping screw into seal carefully and pull it out. Other side drain oil, remove cover carefully so you don't tear gasket, jam a rag between the gears and remove lock nut and drive gear. Seal is then visible. Just don't run the self tapper way in because your crank bearings are very close to the seals. Lube seal lips,Tap the new seals in straight and reassemble. I don't remember torque specs, you'll have to research that. I'll do a video next one that I do, when it shows up.

Link for puller. Price went up. Need it to do it right.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OO2Q86/

Angry Hipster /

Thank you!! I wish you good luck with your sale!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account