1500 mile maxi

Awesome condition, no chain, not sure if it starts, not sure mechanical problems. How much? The seller has a price of a 1k.. I'm thinking something different.

Re: 1500 mile maxi

Remove a zero from the price, and you'll be close.

I would think 300-400 if it's good shape. Post some pictures of it, get a better idea. People are paying over 100 just for an e50...

It's incomplete. Not running. No pedal chain so it maybe seized. Gas tank could be nasty conditions. This is hardly considered awesome condition. I wouldn't pay over $200 if it was running, so... Non running it's just a pile of parts.

If missing a chain forces you to part it out, then I think I under valued it. It should be worth a bit more in parts than whole, but that would make you a butcher and that ain't cool.

> TA Rolyat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If missing a chain forces you to part it out, then I think I under

> valued it. It should be worth a bit more in parts than whole, but that

> would make you a butcher and that ain't cool.

If I part out a bike, it's to make my other bikes more complete, thereby sacrificing one incomplete, non running machine for the good of the tribe. It is not uncommon to buy complete bikes for parts. That's not butchering. Besides, Its only a maxi... They're sacrificial. And typically a dime a dozen.

Sad update. I was out riding my maxi today and the chain fell off, pretty sure that means it seized. I will most likely be parting it out now..

Angry Hipster /

Back in my day people would pay me $100 just to remove their mopeds with busted chains. And I had to walk both ways down hill just to pick it up.

And just because we're doesn't mean we can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones

Sorry to hear about the chain... as for the white and yellow onions... eww, and how about Maui onions.. Here is a pic...

Screenshot_20190225-143413.png

In all seriousness, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a non running stock Maxi. Is the fuel tank rusty inside? Make sure the engine is not froze up somehow, either by rolling it over with the rear wheel, or turning the flywheel by hand, since there's no pedal chain. Missing side covers, if you care. Looks pretty nice though. Running and reconditioned value is $400-500.

Word.. thanks man.. I told the dude the same thing... he said there was fuel left in it, been sitting for 5 years... needs it gone...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account