WTB Hobbit Rear Baskets

Anyone got a set of OEM Hobbit rear baskets? I got a front basket and I'm trying to look fly so I gotta have the rear baskets to match it. I'm looking for the ones pictured here: (edited)

Hobbit basket 1.jpg
Hobbit basket 2.jpg
Hobbit basket 3.jpg

Re: WTB Hobbit Rear Baskets

Bump

I may be mistaken but I bet the baskets pictures are aftermarket. I'm sure any decent set of baskets will work and look good if mounted correctly.

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I may be mistaken but I bet the baskets pictures are aftermarket. I'm

> sure any decent set of baskets will work and look good if mounted

> correctly.

I guess I'm not entirely sure either, but it was my understanding that these baskets were sold through Honda. All of the marketing for the hobbits with baskets feature the same set at least. I like the slant on the front of the rear baskets, which is why I'm looking for these ones specifically

William Johnson /

There are baskets made specifically to bolt up to hobbits and express(all the ones I seen are slanted) but most rear baskets can be modded pretty easy to work.

Then somewhere a decent pair must exist. Good hunting.

20170717_164215.jpg

this one is not from Hobbit, but from Honda NC50 Express? interest give me an offer....

> Kevin johnson Wrote:

> this one is not from Hobbit, but from Honda NC50 Express? interest give

> me an offer....

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna hold out for Hobbit ones for a little bit longer at least

I have some of those too, they do fit on hobbit.

Bump

The Hobbit baskets are designed specifically for that model. The larger top tapers to a small bottom to compensate for the fucked up geometry of that subframe to limit interference when pedaling.

It offers more form than function - more or less just a fashion accessory. They are not very robust and most that have survived are pretty severely damaged. Best to get detailed photos of the fastening brackets because fixes can look fairly ugly.

I love the quest. Hope u score a pristine set.

> - schmiddy Wrote:

> The Hobbit baskets are designed specifically for that model. The larger

> top tapers to a small bottom to compensate for the fucked up geometry of

> that subframe to limit interference when pedaling.

>

> It offers more form than function - more or less just a fashion

> accessory. They are not very robust and most that have survived are

> pretty severely damaged. Best to get detailed photos of the fastening

> brackets because fixes can look fairly ugly.

Thanks for the info! Frankly I want them more for looks than practicality anyway, so their weird shape doesn't bother me. I have a picture of the bracket since I bought the front basket without realizing the bracket for the bolt mount was broken off.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account