1985 Puch Maxi LS - OBO or Trade - San Mateo, California

Hi!

I'm in San Mateo CA, looking for someone experienced in mopeds to take my Puch Maxi LS off my hands, either for an acceptable price or in exchange for a less valuable running moped. I wish that I could restore this beauty, but I'm a college student and I don't have time for a project as large as this one.

Photo Album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RPB9ZiDK4aXnjRr42

Details About it's Condition:

-Engine turns over

-Fair compression (I wasn't able to measure it but it passes the thumb test)

-It sparks

- New(ish) breadboard

-Everything is stock as far as I can tell

-Speedometer doesn't work

-I got it to run a few times a couple years ago - it hit around 20mph

-Gas tank is likely dirty/rusty and needs to be cleaned - I'm doing vinegar soaks after I post this. It's most likely the main reason it won't start because the carburetor gets clogged from it

-Wheels are in alright condition - paint is chipping in some places though

-Tires still blow up but probably need to be replaced

-I don't have the title but I have the license plate

-Original controls were rusted away so I bought new ones. The kill switch is soldered, but the headlight/turn signal control is not. Wires are labeled though.

Originally back in June 2016, I was dog sitting for this woman that offered me this moped that had been sitting in her yard for 10 years as payment. I took up her offer and spent the summer restoring it, but I really didn't have the time, tools, or know-how to be able to get it back into daily-driver condition. If you look at my MopedArmy forum profile, you can see my complete history in trying to restore the moped. As of today, it had been sitting in a shed for close to a year and I finally transported it to my house.

IMG_20161002_160122541.jpg

Re: 1985 Puch Maxi LS - OBO or Trade - San Mateo, California

Nice bike. Too bad you're not closer, or maybe we could make a deal. GLWS.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

My favorite Maxi.....wish i had one

Interested...

I would totally buy the complete seat and understorage tray off of you if you part it out :)

Sorry guys, it's not available anymore

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account